How did you find your coworking space?

Karina Alvela

Mar 30, 2014, 2:56:07 PM3/30/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all - wondering how you all found the venue/space where you started your coworking venture?  I am having trouble finding something that could work in my area.

Soleil Onoya

Mar 30, 2014, 4:10:34 PM3/30/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karina,

Have you tried searching for co-working spaces at http://www.sharedesk.net? They have a solid number of listings there. When I started living in Vancouver and needed a place to work for a few weeks, I found Suite Genius (http://www.sharedesk.net/spaces/view/1644/suite-genius/) through that site.

Before heading in, I also made sure to read people's Google reviews of the space to make sure it's the right environment for me.

Hope this helps!

Jacob Sayles

Mar 31, 2014, 2:11:35 PM3/31/14
to coworking
We found our building on Craigslist.  I know people who have used brokers before and that can be a good way to go.  They usually get paid by the landlord, not you.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com(206) 323-6500

---

Mike Pihlman

Mar 31, 2014, 2:45:38 PM3/31/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I drove around town, found a few I liked, then my wife made the final decision.  :-)

Most people get to me now via Craigslist or my physical sign on the building.
--
Mike Pihlman
AltamontCowork / ForCarol.com, Inc.

Barbara Sprenger

Apr 1, 2014, 1:30:56 PM4/1/14
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karina,
Where are you looking? We have a couple of amazing brokers. With both, we were satisfied with the deal, and they went even further -- getting us an even better deal! LoopNet is the main site for commercial real estate, both for purchase and lease. But they charge a lot, since they're really designed for realtors. You can get a little way with what you can see free. The other one is CoStar, but they're now owned by LoopNet. Also, check Craigslist. If you post where you're looking, others may be able to help.
Barbara