US Bank moves to close Cubespace

1 view

kirby urner

May 22, 2009, 6:45:48 PM5/22/09
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
One of the more productive meeting spaces in Portland is apparently
about to get the ax from the landlord, US Bank, which some bank
investors are worried will backfire big time, as this was probably the
smartest use of its 2nd floor on Grand Avenue one could imagine, an
investment in Portland's future and profile as a place to find talent,
get some real work done.

http://cubespacepdx.com/node/2012

Other shareholders in US bank may be interested in following this.
The specific managers making this decision will likely be held
accountable at the next board meeting. Stay tuned.

Kirby

Craig Fisk

May 23, 2009, 6:50:06 PM5/23/09
to Coworking
Friends of @Cubespacepdx in Portland set an initial target of $5,000
to help Cubespace with shortfall, and raised the $5,000 in 24 hours,
primarily through Twitter and an impromptu fund raising site at
http://savecubespacepdx.com (story from The Oregonian newspaper online
posted half-way through the 24 hours is at http://twitpic.com/5rqv9).
You can check there and at http://catherder.wordpress.com for next
moves.

-Craig Fisk, Portland
Disclosure: I'm not a coworker at present, nor do I provide coworking
space, but I am on the board of legionoftech.org, which has held a
number of events at coworking provider Cubespace (http://
www.cubespacepdx.com), and also participate in a number of tech
meetups that use Cubespace (http://pdxgroups.pbworks.com). More about
me at http://blog.picocosmos.net and @craigfisk on Twitter.