Tuesday Coworking Field-trip to UrbanReThink

Joshua Blount

Feb 17, 2011, 9:50:36 AM2/17/11
to Coworking-Orlando
HEY PEOPLE MY NAME IS JOSH AND I WANT TO GO ON A FIELD-TRIP NEXT
TUESDAY

Next Tuesday (Feb 22) I'd like to go and work from the new Urban
ReThink[1] space. Ryan Price says it's the new hotness. They have wifi
and power, which is about all I need to get work done, but I hear
there is a café as well.

I chatted with Ryan briefly about this, and while there is no day cost
for working from the space, but they are hoping to get people
supporting the space. Here are a few details about the different
tiers[2] - no pressure, but you should probably support people doing
cool stuff if you like cool stuff.

Ryan also mentioned that the Florida Creatives Happy Hour is that
Tuesday as well at the Harp and Celt[3] so plan on after work beers.

1. http://urbanrethink.com
2. http://urbanrethink.com/node/41
3. http://floridacreatives.com/florida-creatives/event/flcreatives-nomads-happy-hour-celt

David Rogers

Feb 18, 2011, 1:41:57 PM2/18/11
to Coworking-Orlando
I will see you there, sir... For parking, we have the Thornton Park
Central garage (http://www.gothorntonpark.com/map.html) or you can
scab a spot in Eola Heights (like I do) and hoof it. What can I say,
I'm cheap... :D
> 3.http://floridacreatives.com/florida-creatives/event/flcreatives-nomad...

Ryan Price

Feb 19, 2011, 12:51:10 AM2/19/11
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Dudes,

We can do one better - please see this handy color-coded parking map.

http://urbanrethink.com/sites/all/themes/ur/img/parkaturbanrethink.png

Peace,
Ryan Price
rpr...@ryanpricemedia.com
@liberatr
407-484-8528

FloridaCreatives.com
Orlando Happy Hour: Feb 22nd @ The Celt
Likemind.us#orl: Feb 18th @ Urban ReThink

vsync

Feb 21, 2011, 3:07:10 PM2/21/11
to Coworking-Orlando
On Feb 17, 9:50 am, Joshua Blount <he...@joshuablount.com> wrote:
> Next Tuesday (Feb 22) I'd like to go and work from the new Urban
> ReThink[1] space.
[...]
> Ryan also mentioned that the Florida Creatives Happy Hour is that
> Tuesday as well at the Harp and Celt[3] so plan on after work beers.

Sounds neat!

- Tim

Joshua Blount

Feb 21, 2011, 4:35:59 PM2/21/11
to Coworking-Orlando
Ok people, it's set for tomorrow to make the pilgrimage to Urban
ReThink. See the previous messages for directions, parking info and
general agreement. See you tomorrow during your regular working hours!

Rich Dean

Feb 21, 2011, 5:58:52 PM2/21/11
to Coworking-Orlando
Sounds like a great chance to check this space out.

Quick question, are there enough plugs or should I bring a power strip
with me?

Elliot Murphy

Feb 21, 2011, 6:20:50 PM2/21/11
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com, Joshua Blount
Thanks for organizing this, I'll be there!

Elliot Murphy

Ryan Price

Feb 21, 2011, 11:47:22 PM2/21/11
to coworkin...@googlegroups.com
Power strips are not unwelcome, if only for the extra reach they afford. That said, not everyone should bring theirs.

Also, the parking map is key to this operation:
http://urbanrethink.com/sites/all/themes/ur/img/parkaturbanrethink.png

The garage maxes at $8 a day, I think.

I'm going to mention again Happy Hour at the Harp and Celt afterwards, in case anyone is interested. It's on the other side of the lake, on Magnolia.

Peace,
Ryan Price
rpr...@ryanpricemedia.com
@liberatr
407-484-8528

FloridaCreatives.com
Orlando Happy Hour: Feb 22nd @ The Celt
Likemind.us#orl: Feb 18th @ Urban ReThink

Joshua Blount

Feb 22, 2011, 10:32:23 PM2/22/11
to Coworking-Orlando
I wanted to thank everyone for a successful coworking field-trip. I
was really impressed with the space and grateful for Ryan's handiness
in keeping the wifi humming along. My favorite part of the space was
that it felt like a club house instead of a coffee shop we were
invading.

After chatting with a few of you, the consensus seems to be 'We like
Urban ReThink a lot, but Stardust fits our weekly coworking day needs
a bit more'. In light of that, I'm suggesting adopting The Urbz (as I
will now reference her) as a second home for our weekly coworking jam.
Chad mentioned visiting the last Tuesday of each month might work. How
does this sound to everyone?

In light of the once a month frequency I'm going to be joining at the
Thinker rate outlined on the Urban ReThink website[1]. I'm guessing a
few of us joining at that rate will defray the cost and annoyance of
having a few extra hangers-on once a month, plus we get to support
cool stuff happening in Orlando.

1. http://urbanrethink.com/node/41

Rich Dean

Feb 22, 2011, 2:11:10 PM2/22/11
to Coworking-Orlando
Thanks to Josh and Ryan for organizing the "field trip" to
UrbanReThink. It is a great place and it was really nice to actually
work around some other co-workers. I look forward to going back.

-Richard