Coworking Conference in Austin

Deb

Jan 2, 2013, 11:47:25 AM1/2/13
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year!  Are any of you going to the Coworking Conference in Austin in March, or did anyone go last year? Wondering if it's beneficial for me to attend since I don't have experience in operating a coworking space.

Best,
Deborah
Work & Play

Jessie R

Jan 3, 2013, 11:46:09 AM1/3/13
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for starting the conversation, Deb!

I went last year and found it incredibly beneficial. During the "unconference," I tried to start a discussion on coworking and childcare, but no one attended. I think this year, it could happen. As Plug & Play opened in Austin after the conference, I didn't get a chance to check them out. I hope they would be interested in participating and giving a tour of their space!

I don't know if I can go myself, unfortunately, but perhaps my lovely partner Marnee can :)

--Jessie
Ellie's Coworking + Childcare

P.S.
Oh the joys of trying to open a licensed childcare facility. We have our coworking space and want to open our childcare space in the same commercial building. We've hired an architect who is working with the city on how/if we can thicken or rebuild the floor so that it meets the 2 hour fire resistance rating needed for childcare. That means a fire from the tenant below would burn for 2 hours before it reached our space. Wish us luck, as always!

Plug & Play

Jan 17, 2013, 10:32:31 PM1/17/13
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deborah,

I'll be at GCUC - but that's easy for me to say, I'm based in Austin! Are you going? I'd love to meet you.

~ Amy
Plug & Play, Austin, TX