couchapp & desktopcouch

Benoit Chesneau

Jul 24, 2010, 5:38:58 AM7/24/10
to CouchApp
Hi all,

I just committed a new feature to couchapp allowing you to push, clone
and browse CouchApps in the local CouchDB installed with desktopcouch,
so ubuntu users won't have to install another CouchDB to test and will
be habble to pair it with other desktop. While I was here I added the
new command "browse" for all.

to push to your local couchdb installed with desktopcouch :

couchapp push desktopcouch://testdb

To clone :

couchapp clone desktopcouch://testdb/_design/test test1

To browse with "official" CouchDBs :

couchapp browse . http://host:port/mydb (or couchapp browse . mydb
for
default url)

ubuntu users with desktopcouch :

couchapp browse . desktopcouch://mydb

and with push option :

couchapp push --browse . desktopcouch://mydb

To use this new features, just upgrade couchapp to last HEAD on
github. Or use pip :

easy_install -U distribute
easy_install pip
pip -E -f http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/tarball/master
couchapp

enjoy,

- benoît.

Benoit Chesneau

Jul 24, 2010, 7:52:35 AM7/24/10
to CouchApp
pip -v -E test_couchapp install http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/tarball/0.6.3
couchapp

On Jul 24, 11:38 am, Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just committed a new feature to couchapp allowing you to push, clone
> and browse CouchApps in the local CouchDB installed with desktopcouch,
> so ubuntu users won't have to install another CouchDB to test and will
> be habble to pair it with other desktop. While I was here I added the
> new command "browse" for all.
>
> to push to your local couchdb installed with desktopcouch :
>
>  couchapp push desktopcouch://testdb
>
> To clone :
>
>  couchapp clone desktopcouch://testdb/_design/test test1
>
> To browse with "official" CouchDBs :
>
>  couchapp browse .http://host:port/mydb(or couchapp browse . mydb
> for
> default url)
>
> ubuntu users with desktopcouch :
>
>  couchapp browse . desktopcouch://mydb
>
> and with push option :
>
>  couchapp push --browse . desktopcouch://mydb
>
> To use this new features, just upgrade couchapp to last HEAD on
> github. Or use pip :
>
>   easy_install -U distribute
>   easy_install pip
>   pip -E -fhttp://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/tarball/master
> couchapp
>
> enjoy,
>
> - benoît.

There is a problem on github to download using master currently.
Waiting that I tagged last version to 0.6.3-dev :

pip -v -E test_couchapp install http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/tarball/0.6.3-dev
couchapp