iOS4 support?

Adam Simpson

Jun 15, 2010, 4:04:36 PM6/15/10
to coreplot-discuss
Hi, I tried using the coreplot SDK with the iOS4 GM but was
unsuccessful. After following the steps in the included txt file I get
several errors of the following form when trying to build the
project:

"/var/folders/HH/HHafICHaF44YrDA16dWVmU+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.
501/CompositeSDKs/iphonesimulator-iPhoneSimulator4.0-
gpjxlgkwavarskggkmjxtcebyoyj/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/
Headers/UIView.h:250:0 Syntax error before '^' token in /var/folders/
HH/HHafICHaF44YrDA16dWVmU+++TI/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.501/
CompositeSDKs/iphonesimulator-iPhoneSimulator4.0-
gpjxlgkwavarskggkmjxtcebyoyj/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/
Headers/UIView.h"

I tried downloading the source and building the SDK myself. The SDK
does build but I get the errors listed above when I try and use it in
a project. Has anyone had any luck getting coreplot working with iOS4?
Thanks,

Adam

Brad Larson

Jun 16, 2010, 10:20:53 AM6/16/10
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
Try cleaning your build. I was able to successfully build the test applications against iPhone OS 4.0 and run in the Simulator.

There's a fix for enabling high-resolution display on the iPhone 4, but I believe it would be a violation of NDA to commit that to the public repository until OS 4.0 officially ships next week.

______________________
Brad Larson, Ph.D.
Sunset Lake Software
http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com

Adam Simpson

Jun 16, 2010, 4:59:06 PM6/16/10
to coreplot-discuss
I tried cleaning but was still unsuccessful trying to use the SDK. If
I following the instructions http://www.switchonthecode.com/tutorials/using-core-plot-in-an-iphone-application
I am able to build under the 4.0 GM and run the example projects. but
I would certainly like to implement coreplot as an SDK if possible.
The lines giving the errors are in UIApplication.h and look as such,

-
(UIBackgroundTaskIdentifier)beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler:
(void(^)(void))handler
__OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_NA,__IPHONE_4_0);

It complains about "syntax error before '^' token". Where you using
the SDK method or the more complicated method described above to run
the examples?

Thanks,
Adam

On Jun 16, 10:20 am, Brad Larson <lar...@sunsetlakesoftware.com>

Brad Larson

Jun 16, 2010, 5:16:56 PM6/16/10
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
I'm not familiar with the process of building as an SDK. Currently, the framework is configured to be built as a framework for the Mac, and a static library for iOS. The official instructions for incorporating the framework within your applications can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/core-plot/wiki/UsingCorePlotInApplications

If something has changed in the way that this is built, someone please correct me.

Also, note that the Switch On the Code example is severely out of date at this point and does not match the current APIs in the framework.

Drew McCormack

Jun 17, 2010, 4:56:39 AM6/17/10
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
There is now the option of building an SDK. An SDK target has been added for the iPhone, but it is still quite experimental.

The problem you are seeming would seem to be related to C blocks. Perhaps you need to set a flag to allow C blocks.

Drew