Bar Graphs, I must be missing something

sammy

Aug 18, 2009, 1:55:34 PM8/18/09
to coreplot-discuss
Alright, I give up and I know the answer is going to be simpler than I
think. I am looking to use the Bar Graph to plot my points. My points
are Values across a time line and the time line points are not spread
uniformaly.

If i have a set of data say having only 3 elements then I am noticing
that numberForPlot gets called 3 times only (only for the Y axis). In
a Line graph however this gets called 3 times for each axis (total of
6).

My X points are not drawn where they are suppose to be! Like I said,
i must be missing something or is core-plot assuming a uniform X
units? Thanks in advance.

Daniel Morse

Aug 18, 2009, 2:05:21 PM8/18/09
to coreplot-discuss
Sounds like you're having the same problem I am. Let us know if you
find a solution.

--Daniel

Drew McCormack

Aug 18, 2009, 2:45:33 PM8/18/09
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, yes the bar plot is assuming equal spaced bars. It shouldn't be
too difficult to allow x values to be customized too, but someone
needs to do it.

Drew

The Mental Faculty

sammy

Aug 18, 2009, 3:50:04 PM8/18/09
to coreplot-discuss
Can you give me a pointer on where to start to get the bar graph to
act like scatter graph. I need the numberForPlot to get called for
both x and y axies. I can start digging my self if I don't hear back.
I can try it and if successful maybe share it. Thanks.

On Aug 18, 2:45 pm, Drew McCormack <drewmccorm...@mac.com> wrote:
> Hmm, yes the bar plot is assuming equal spaced bars. It shouldn't be
> too difficult to allow x values to be customized too, but someone
> needs to do it.
>
> Drew
>
> The Mental Faculty
>
> On Aug 18, 2009, at 7:55 PM, sammy <syasin.em...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Alright, I give up and I know the answer is going to be simpler than I
> > think. I am looking to use the Bar Graph to plot my points. My points
> > are Values across a time line and the time line points are not spread
> > uniformaly.
>
> > If i have a set of data say having only 3 elements then I am noticing
> > that numberForPlot gets called 3 times only (only for the Y axis). In
> > a Line graph however this gets called 3 times for each axis (total of
> > 6).
>
> > My X points are  not drawn where they are suppose to be! Like I said,
> > i must be missing something or is core-plot assuming a uniform X
> > units? Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

sammy

Aug 18, 2009, 3:51:23 PM8/18/09
to coreplot-discuss
Sorry :) not maybe share it, but will share it. Thanks.

Drew McCormack

Aug 19, 2009, 2:34:33 AM8/19/09
to coreplot...@googlegroups.com
It should be reasonably easy if you look in the CPBarPlot code to
figure out what is going on. Contrast that with CPScatterPlot, and you
can probably see how the two differ.
It would be good if both the current regular x approach, and custom x
possibilities existed. So there probably should be a boolean property
to switch (eg independentCoordinateValuesAreCalculated).

Feel free to ask questions if it isn't clear.

Drew