SVN R48 (updated xine support)

Alan Nisota

May 17, 2008, 12:55:25 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-...@googlegroups.com
I've added initial xine support using the dshowserver. This is the only
method I will support going forward. Note that it is still
experimental, but I'll get the rough edges off pretty soon. Feedback is
welcome of course. There is a new Wiki page detailing installation as well.

It should work with 64-bit xine (if yu download the 32bit dshowserver)

I've tried it using QT/AVC1, MPEG2-TS/H264 and MKV/H264.
The old patch had support for some other demuxers (namely demux_mpeg.c)
which I haven't implemented because I don't have any example streams.

Igor

May 17, 2008, 1:56:27 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-...@googlegroups.com
> I've added initial xine support using the dshowserver. This is the only
> method I will support going forward.

why did you decide so ? does dshowserver have the better performance ? is it possible to use this method on 32-bit platform ?

Igor

Morfsta

May 17, 2008, 5:42:31 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alan,

Thanks for all your work - its appreciated.

It would be nice if your xine patch worked for us long suffering VDR
users too! It gets very close, here's the output of running VDR + XINE
and switching to a HD channel: -

load_plugins: plugin dshowserver will be used for video streamtype 4d.
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 9.4, timeout: 0, result: 0
audio_out: inserting 9796 0-frames to fill a gap of 18372 pts
set_speed 1000000
will resample audio from 48000 to 48000
shm:/dshow_shm.43005950
sem1:/dshow_sem1.43005950
sem2:/dshow_sem2.43005950
Opening device
len: 992
ProductVersion: 1.7.0
Decoder supports the following YUV formats: YUY2 UYVY YV12 I420
Decoder is capable of YUV output (flags 0x2b)
Setting fmt
Starting
Initialization is complete
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 9.4, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 9.5, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 10.2, timeout: 0, result: 0
vdr: osdflush: n: 1, 9.0, timeout: 0, result: 0
xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
DirectShow filter failedGot illegal command 0
./runxine.sh: line 5: 28367 Aborted nice -15
/usr/local/bin/xine --verbose=2 --config /root/xine-config -f -pq -V
xv -A alsa --post vdr_video --post vdr_audio
-Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=vektor,use_progressive_frame_flag=1
vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

As you can see it eventually segfaults. When switching to a HD channel
it sits at a black screen for about 4 seconds and then dies.

Is there any debugging information I can send you? Let me know what to
run and I'll happily do it.

Also, I had to call CoreAVC 1.7.0
/usr/lib/win32/CoreAVCDecoder.ax.1.7.0_unpacked otherwise it didn't
work.

Cheers,

Morfsta

eldon

May 17, 2008, 5:50:10 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-for-linux
compiled ok on my 64bit ubuntu against lib-xine-1.1.12, unfortunately
i don't have an unpacked version of coreavc 1.7.0 so i'm only getting
a green screen in gxine, or maybe it should work on my 1.5.0 and i did
something wrong ?

but i was wondering if the patch would also work on the libxine-1.2
branch ?
patched files are missing in that version, coz some recent apps
require xine-1.2 to work

thx for your patches :)

Alan Nisota

May 17, 2008, 9:50:32 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-...@googlegroups.com
Because it is much easier to maintain (no possibility of patch
conflicts, keeping patches up to date for mythtv/mplayer/xine is much
easier, won't impact other win32 codecs). There is no noticable
performance penalty to using dshowserver (but there's no gain either).
It makes it much easier to use with 64bit linux as well.
I've done this for mplayer as well, so from now on the only supported
use of CoreAVC will be with dshowserver.

Alan Nisota

May 17, 2008, 9:51:15 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-...@googlegroups.com
get coreavc-for-linux latest SVN and do:
cd loader; make clean; make DEBUG=1
and install the new dshowloader

hopefully xine is already built with debug symbols, in which case:

Then set ulimit (this will give a codefile if dshowserver crashes)
ulimit -c unlimited

run xine as: gdb --args xine <opts>
(don't use a shell script for this!)
run
if it segfaults:
thread apply all bt

send that to me.
run xine and generate segfault.
You should get a corefile.

> Also, I had to call CoreAVC 1.7.0
> /usr/lib/win32/CoreAVCDecoder.ax.1.7.0_unpacked otherwise it didn't
> work.

Whooops, well that part is fixed now

eldon

May 17, 2008, 11:38:12 AM5/17/08
to coreavc-for-linux
thx i'll test the latest patch.

i've patched libxine-1.2 hg and fixed the basic patch/compilation
errors but it doesn't seems to use/see the dshowserver at all, whereas
it was "working" on my libxine-1.1.12 test.
not sure i did everything properly and don't know what's different
with 1.2 branch besides the two missing get_identifier /
get_description members no longer present and possibly simply replaced
by "identifier" and "description".

greg

May 17, 2008, 1:23:43 PM5/17/08
to coreavc-for-linux
On May 17, 5:38 pm, eldon <Dr.E.Tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i've patched libxine-1.2 hg and fixed the basic patch/compilation
> errors but it doesn't seems to use/see the dshowserver at all, whereas
> it was "working" on my libxine-1.1.12 test.

Oh nice, could you release a patch against xine-lib-1.2.
There something I don't understand : ls src/
audio_dec audio_out combined demuxers dxr3 input libmpeg2new
libreal libw32dll Makefile.am Makefile.in post spu_dec vdr
video_dec video_out xine-engine xine-utils
which miss the directory to be patched ???

Thanks.

eldon

May 17, 2008, 5:22:02 PM5/17/08
to coreavc-for-linux

On May 17, 7:23 pm, greg <Gregoire.Fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh nice, could you release a patch against xine-lib-1.2.

my patch doesn't work as far as i can tell.. i've just modified the
original patch so it will apply and build against libxine-1.2 hg, but
the xine completely ignores the dshowserver so it's quite useless..
i had to hack two functions inside dshowserver code and it produces
warnings during make but i don't know if it has something to do with
the fact that the patch doesn't work..

I guess we'll need to wait for our guru to see if if there's a more
serious problem with that libxine-1.2 branch

greg

May 18, 2008, 4:37:10 AM5/18/08
to coreavc-for-linux
On May 17, 11:22 pm, eldon <Dr.E.Tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> my patch doesn't work as far as i can tell.. i've just modified the
> original patch so it will apply and build against libxine-1.2 hg, but
> the xine completely ignores the dshowserver so it's quite useless..
> i had to hack two functions inside dshowserver code and it produces
> warnings during make but i don't know if it has something to do with
> the fact that the patch doesn't work..
>
> I guess we'll need to wait for our guru to see if if there's a more
> serious problem with that libxine-1.2 branch

Thank for your answer : I'll wait :-)