HQ audio recording

Martin N.

Dec 14, 2017, 6:06:58 PM12/14/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi there,

We're currently in the process of building a small project with the raspberry pi 3 that lets users record 10 seconds audio/video message at specific locations.

The project will run in an environment with potential for background noise and we need to be able to record user's voices as clear and as crisp as possible, without background noise.

Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on the best hardware or way we could do that? Was looking into the Cirrus Audio Board but seems to be out of stock everywhere. There's also still the question about the microphone to use for HQ audio.

Alternatively, does anyone know a contractor/company that specializes in this sort of builds that we can work with?

Thanks!

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to discl...@email-abuse.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.

AJ

Dec 14, 2017, 7:05:11 PM12/14/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

that's the thing about noise, it's nondescript and hence unavoidable.
otherwise we'd call it a specific sound.. and then have some way to deal
with it.

you probably want to avoid wind.. so get a fluffy cover for the mic.
you probably want to avoid people yelling into it or plosives at short
distances.. so make a physical barrier to keep them at a minimum distance.
get a highly directional mic if the users are in a highly directional
position.

On 15/12/2017 10:03 AM, 'Martin N.' via Connected Community HackerSpace

Graham

Dec 14, 2017, 8:17:36 PM12/14/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Noise cancelling mic like guys in helicopters or gamers use?

Sent from my iPhone