Weekly Toll, News Articles and Congressional Hearings

Jordan Barab

Apr 3, 2007, 9:32:28 AM4/3/07
to confin...@googlegroups.com

2. A couple of good articles

THERMAL, CALIF. In the Coachella Valley, hundreds of trailer parks house desperately poor Latino workers amid burning trash, mud, contaminated water.

Like most of their neighbors in the sprawling, ramshackle Oasis Mobile Home Park, the Aguilars have no heat, no hot water. On cold nights, the family of eight stays warm by bundling up in layers of sweaters and sleeps packed together in two tiny rooms.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-trailerpark26mar26,0,3370103.story?coll=la-home-local

The Next Attack

Terrorists in Iraq are becoming proficient at blowing up oil refineries. Similar plants in a handful of American
cities represent our greatest vulnerability. We could easily be making them less dangerous. But we're not.

By Stephen Flynn

3. Congressional Hearings

Also, you can watch two recent health and safety hearings (BP Texas City explosion, and Mine Safety) of the House Education and Labor Committee here:

And, a Senate Hearing on banning asbstos, here:

--
Jordan Barab