good to hear from you Roger

George Demetrion

Apr 19, 2020, 4:42:11 PM4/19/20
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roger and anyone else out there.  I didn't get your email.  I had to check the archives to see your message, though I can send a message out.  I don't even want to try to figure that one out

We are back in Connecticut, though I am still auditing online courses at Bethel Seminary and will be reconnecting through Zoom an adult Christian study group my wife and I were linked to while we were in San Diego.

Clearly, the pandemic is the major issue of the day with now the death rate at 41,000, with calls to LIBERATE Michigan coming from the highest office in the land.

It will be interesting to see if we hear from anyone else.

I have a post from my class discussion board for our class on the historical Jesus that I would like to share and get some thoughts on. We were asked to respond to a video on the relationship between history and faith from the perspective of N. T. Wright.  My thoughts (with no one in the class responding)  can be found here on my erstwhile defunct blog.  http://onwardchristiansojourner.blogspot.com/

I was reading Bultmann and Barth on this who were highly critical of the theological usefulness of the quest for the historical Jesus.  They were responding to the 19th century quest, but I think their comments go for the current, third quest, as Wright puts it.

Best wishes,

George

Janet Keyes

Apr 19, 2020, 6:35:26 PM4/19/20
to confessi...@googlegroups.com
George- It was so good to read your material. As you have matured as a Christian, so has your prose matured in clarity and persuasiveness.
Blessings-
Janet Keyes

--

---