Daylight Saving changes for OpenUnix / Unixware

carl....@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2007, 5:43:28 PM1/31/07
I notice that SCO is declining to patch older versions of Unixware for
the upcoming DST changes.

I've still got a few OpenUnix 8 boxes running. Are there any
workarounds for the new DST dates?

thanks,
-carl

Arthur Marsh

Jan 31, 2007, 6:08:12 PM1/31/07
carl....@gmail.com wrote, On 01/02/07 09:13:

> I notice that SCO is declining to patch older versions of Unixware for
> the upcoming DST changes.

That reminds me of Microsoft with Windows 98SE.

> I've still got a few OpenUnix 8 boxes running. Are there any
> workarounds for the new DST dates?
>
> thanks,
> -carl

With UnixWare 1.X, I was able to use the Olsen time zone files and
recompile the time zone information to reflect new Daylight Savings Time
dates; see the commands that start with zic* (zicinfo...).

Arthur.

smlunatick

Feb 28, 2007, 4:58:00 PM2/28/07
On Jan 31, 6:08 pm, Arthur Marsh <arthur.ma...@internode.on.net>
wrote:
> carl.hir...@gmail.com wrote, On 01/02/07 09:13:

Not familar with UnixWare/OpenUnix/SCO 6 too much yet. I do know that
in SCO OpenServer 5, /etc/TZ file can be "tweaked" by adding
' ,M3.2.0,M11.1.0" to the TZ= line.

Its "really" important for the DST to be "patched." It does not seem
worth the cost to upgrade to the latest versions just to have the time
adjusted.

Helge Blischke

Mar 1, 2007, 8:26:30 AM3/1/07

In UnixWare, the timezone information is in /etc/TZ/,
the files there are compatible with zcump (the timezone dumper)
and zic (the timezone compiler).

You may safely copy over the respective files from a Linux (intel) box.

Helge

PS: I don't know for sure if these files are independent of the
endianness of the computer (but I suppose so).

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung

H.Bli...@acm.org