sol10u7 lu failure

瀏覽次數:278 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Thomas Maier-Komor

未讀,
2009年4月30日 下午5:30:442009/4/30
收件者:
Hi,

I just tried to do a live upgrade from sol10u6 to sol10u7 on a system
with a ZFS mirror boot environemnt. luupgrade completed without an
error, but luactivate bails out with:
/usr/sbin/luactivate: /etc/lu/DelayUpdate/: cannot create

The above mentioned directory already exists and is a directory - that's
the reason why it cannot be created. truss shows the following error:
4186: open64("/etc/lu/DelayUpdate/", O_WRONLY) Err#21 EISDIR
4186: creat64("/etc/lu/DelayUpdate/", 0666) Err#21 EISDIR

Is this a known issue with a workaround?

BTW: LU on the same system snv112 worked without a problem.

- Thomas

Ronald Kuehn

未讀,
2009年4月30日 下午5:51:272009/4/30
收件者:
Thomas Maier-Komor <thomas_...@maier-komor.de> writes:

> Hi,

Hi,

this is CR 6824589:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7273/installbugs-113?l=en&a=view

A simple workaround is to

# export BOOT_MENU_FILE="menu.lst"

and re-run luactivate.

Ronald
--
* The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
* so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Dick Hoogendijk

未讀,
2009年5月1日 凌晨1:28:372009/5/1
收件者:
quoting Ronald Kuehn (Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:51:27 +0000 (UTC)):
> this is CR 6824589:
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7273/installbugs-113?l=en&a=view
>
> A simple workaround is to
>
> # export BOOT_MENU_FILE="menu.lst"
>
> and re-run luactivate.

I might need this advice too, but I have one other question:

I have a mirrored solaris 10u6 running of ZFS root with three
non-global zones installed.

Do I need to halt these zones (as adviced with UFS) if I lucreate a new
BE for upgrading? Or can I just lucreate newBE, update that one and do
a luactivate on the running system?

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+http://nagual.nl/ | SunOS 10u6 10/08 ZFS+

Thomas Maier-Komor

未讀,
2009年5月1日 上午8:10:442009/5/1
收件者:
Ronald Kuehn schrieb:

> Thomas Maier-Komor <thomas_...@maier-komor.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>
>> I just tried to do a live upgrade from sol10u6 to sol10u7 on a system
>> with a ZFS mirror boot environemnt. luupgrade completed without an
>> error, but luactivate bails out with:
>> /usr/sbin/luactivate: /etc/lu/DelayUpdate/: cannot create
>
>> The above mentioned directory already exists and is a directory - that's
>> the reason why it cannot be created. truss shows the following error:
>> 4186: open64("/etc/lu/DelayUpdate/", O_WRONLY) Err#21 EISDIR
>> 4186: creat64("/etc/lu/DelayUpdate/", 0666) Err#21 EISDIR
>
>> Is this a known issue with a workaround?
>
>> BTW: LU on the same system snv112 worked without a problem.
>
> Hi,
>
> this is CR 6824589:
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7273/installbugs-113?l=en&a=view
>
> A simple workaround is to
>
> # export BOOT_MENU_FILE="menu.lst"
>
> and re-run luactivate.
>
> Ronald

Hi Ronald,

thank you - you hit it on the spot. I read the release notes' new
feature list, but omitted the new bugs section. :-(

Cheers,
Thomas

Ronald Kuehn

未讀,
2009年5月1日 下午1:17:522009/5/1
收件者:
Dick Hoogendijk <di...@nagual.nl> writes:

> quoting Ronald Kuehn (Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:51:27 +0000 (UTC)):
> > this is CR 6824589:
> >
> > http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7273/installbugs-113?l=en&a=view
> >
> > A simple workaround is to
> >
> > # export BOOT_MENU_FILE="menu.lst"
> >
> > and re-run luactivate.

> I might need this advice too, but I have one other question:

> I have a mirrored solaris 10u6 running of ZFS root with three
> non-global zones installed.

> Do I need to halt these zones (as adviced with UFS) if I lucreate a new
> BE for upgrading? Or can I just lucreate newBE, update that one and do
> a luactivate on the running system?

Hi,

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7273/installbugs-113?l=en&a=view

lists some issues regarding non-global zones. This one looks
interesting:

"lucreate and lumake Commands Fail to Create a Copy of a Non-Global Zone
Which Is Not in Running State (6659451)"

So I assume it should work when the non-global zones are running
when using lucreate.

solx

未讀,
2009年5月3日 凌晨1:24:202009/5/3
收件者:

Hi,

Unfortunately I was still running UFS when upgrading from sol10u5 to
sol10u7, the upgrade process went smoothly it was only on booting that
sol10u7 that the problem occurred. Booting normally or failsafe caused
my computer to reboot. After backing up 450GB onto an external usb
drive, I tried a clean install of sol10u7 with exactly the same results.
So reverted back to sol10u5 as sol10u6 fails to read my sata dvd drives
after the initial boot.

0 則新訊息