Pb to discover my iSCSI targets from a Solaris 10 Netra X1: solved

Sébastien de Mapias

Aug 13, 2007, 9:36:13 AM8/13/07
A few days ago I posted a question here regarding
the problems I encountered to get Solaris 10 to
discover iSCSI targets I had configured using a
SOHO IDE module.
See
http://groups.google.be/group/comp.unix.solaris/browse_frm/thread/cc31e08d06910dce/2236e3787e73b432?lnk=gst&q=iscsi&rnum=4#2236e3787e73b432

David answered and we kept discussing this stuff
off this forum, but he eventually helped me out,
and thanks to him I could solve my problem.

It appears the default name given by the SOHO
module to my targets (iqn.2007-08:iscsi.target0
and iqn.2007-08:iscsi.target1) were wrong, so I
checked http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3721.txt about
iSCSI naming conventions on David's recommendation
and modified these names (I added ".com.sun" after
"08":
~ iqn.2007-08.com.sun:iscsi.target1
and that was enough)

I then did
~ iscsiadm modify discovery -t disable
(to disable a previous 'send-targets discovery' config)

then
~ iscsiadm add static-config iqn.
2007-08.com.sun:iscsi.target0,192.168.1.4
~ iscsiadm add static-config iqn.
2007-08.com.sun:iscsi.target1,192.168.1.4
to statically add my targets

then
~ iscsiadm modify discovery -s enable
to enable static discovery

Now when I do
~ iscsiadm list target -S

I do have
~ Target: iqn.2007-08.com.sun:iscsi.target1
~ Alias: -
~ TPGT: 1
~ ISID: 4000002a0000
~ Connections: 1
~ LUN: 1
~ Vendor: iSCSI
~ Product: TARGET
~ OS Device Name: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2
and the same for target0, which is pretty beautiful...

Regards,
SR

infosys...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2013, 11:52:37 PM2/15/13
Thanks a lot !! it worked like charm for me :)