Where did SUNWscat go?

hume.sp...@bofh.ca

May 26, 2011, 9:12:46 AM5/26/11
Anyone know where Oracle has misplaced SUNWscat (Solaris Crash Analysis
Tool)? blogs.sun.com/solariscat/ still exists, but links for downloading
the tool just lead to the "My Oracle Support Welcome Center".

I'd rather not subject myself to the support.oracle.com site unless I really
have to. Its search capabilities are awful anyway.

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/

hume.sp...@bofh.ca

May 26, 2011, 9:15:58 AM5/26/11
hume.sp...@bofh.ca wrote:
> Anyone know where Oracle has misplaced SUNWscat (Solaris Crash Analysis
> Tool)? blogs.sun.com/solariscat/ still exists, but links for downloading
> the tool just lead to the "My Oracle Support Welcome Center".

To answer my own question: it's been shoved behind the support.oracle site
(ugh) as the following:

Patch Name Description Release Platform
10364261 Solaris Crash Analysis Tool 5.2 Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
10364269 Solaris Crash Analysis Tool 5.2 OpenSolaris (American English)
10364262 Solaris Crash Analysis Tool 5.2 Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
10364266 Solaris Crash Analysis Tool 5.2 Oracle Solaris on x86 (32-bit)
10364267 Solaris Crash Analysis Tool 5.2 Oracle Solaris on x86-64 (64-bit)

hume.sp...@bofh.ca

May 26, 2011, 9:31:36 AM5/26/11
hume.sp...@bofh.ca wrote:
> To answer my own question: it's been shoved behind the support.oracle site
> (ugh) as the following:

And to follow it up yet again, scat has been "discontinued" because "it is
no longer a supported tool".

https://communities.oracle.com/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=187443&mode=2&threadid=194299

Richard B. Gilbert

May 26, 2011, 4:45:46 PM5/26/11
On 5/26/2011 9:12 AM, hume.sp...@bofh.ca wrote:
> Anyone know where Oracle has misplaced SUNWscat (Solaris Crash Analysis
> Tool)? blogs.sun.com/solariscat/ still exists, but links for downloading
> the tool just lead to the "My Oracle Support Welcome Center".
>
> I'd rather not subject myself to the support.oracle.com site unless I really
> have to. Its search capabilities are awful anyway.

Is it worse that Hewlett-Packard's web sites? I've generally found
that the ONLY way to find anything at H-P is to ask Google to search it
for me!!! If I ask H-P to do the search for, say, "XYZZY" it will find
every bit of text that contains that string. Google finds text that is
*about* "XYZZY"

For Oracle or H-P sites the solution may be to add the string
"site:oracle.com" or "site:H-P.COM" to your Google search string.

Rick Jones

May 26, 2011, 4:06:32 PM5/26/11

I am as fanatical about spelling Hewlett-Packard correctly with the
hyphen as anyone, and indeed it appears that "h-p.com" will lead one
to hp.com, but it might be more robust to be in the habit of using
hp.com instead.

rick jones