NGROUPS_MAX with Solaris 10 x86

WolverineJR

Dec 3, 2007, 5:35:15 AM12/3/07

I have a question regarding the "/etc/system"-parameter "NGROUPS_MAX"
with Solaris 10 x86.
We want to raise the maximal number of groups a user can belong to. By
default a user can belong to max 16 groups. Because we use different
solaris 9 & 10 - server as samba-server which belong to a AD-domain,
we have to raise this.
With the entry "set NGROUPS_MAX=32" in the "/etc/system" at our SPARC-
solaris 9 & 10 - servers, this works.
But at our solaris 10 x86 - system this entry will be ignored (yes...
we have already rebooted our system after this entry).
There is no entry in "/var/log/messages" which would point on this
problem.

Does somebody have a solution for this?

THX!

Casper H.S. Dik

Dec 3, 2007, 7:38:07 AM12/3/07
WolverineJR <jreitw...@samson.de> writes:

>Hi,

The value should be set in lower case.

set ngroups_max = 32

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Alexander Skwar

Dec 3, 2007, 7:49:06 AM12/3/07
Casper H.S. Dik <Caspe...@Sun.COM> wrote:
> WolverineJR <jreitw...@samson.de> writes:

>>With the entry "set NGROUPS_MAX=32" in the "/etc/system" at our SPARC-
>>solaris 9 & 10 - servers, this works.
>>But at our solaris 10 x86 - system this entry will be ignored (yes...
>>we have already rebooted our system after this entry).

> The value should be set in lower case.
>
> set ngroups_max = 32

For Sparc, you've got to write the parameter in all caps
and for x86, in all lower case? Is that correct?

Alexander

Casper H.S. Dik

Dec 3, 2007, 8:14:54 AM12/3/07
Alexander Skwar <alex...@skwar.name> writes:

No, it should always be in lowercase.

Casper

WolverineJR

Dec 3, 2007, 8:38:09 AM12/3/07
OK, I have changed the entry in lowercase.
Tonight I will restart the server.
Tomorrow I will report whether the change has solved the problem.

WolverineJR

Dec 4, 2007, 2:01:48 AM12/4/07
On 3 Dez., 14:14, Casper H.S. Dik <Casper....@Sun.COM> wrote:
> Alexander Skwar <alexan...@skwar.name> writes:
> >Casper H.S. Dik <Casper....@Sun.COM> wrote:

> >> The value should be set in lower case.
>
> >> set ngroups_max = 32
> >For Sparc, you've got to write the parameter in all caps
> >and for x86, in all lower case? Is that correct?
>
> No, it should always be in lowercase.
>
> Casper

It works!

With all characters in lowercase.