ETA for Solaris 10 U 6

Thomas Glanzmann

Oct 9, 2008, 3:30:07 AM10/9/08
Hello,
I heard that Solaris 10 U6 should be released in the first week of
October. Than a consultant said that it will be release ,,early'' next
year. Has someone an ETA for me?

Thomas

re...@luckyhands.nl

Oct 9, 2008, 4:18:07 AM10/9/08
On Oct 9, 9:30 am, Thomas Glanzmann <sithg...@stud.uni-erlangen.de>
wrote:

Well, according to http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp:

"Note: Solaris 10 10/08 availability is planned for the end of
October.".

A few weeks ago it was planned for the mid of October.

Remy

Michael Schmarck

Oct 9, 2008, 4:36:54 AM10/9/08
Thomas Glanzmann <sith...@stud.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> I heard that Solaris 10 U6 should be released in the first week of
> October.

Someone from Sun said, that it should be 2nd week of November.
That information is less than 1 month old.

> Than a consultant said that it will be release ,,early'' next
> year. Has someone an ETA for me?

Would like to know as well :)

Michael

Martha Starkey

Oct 10, 2008, 11:17:35 AM10/10/08

don't know. But perhaps a hint here:

http://blogs.sun.com/sjie/entry/sneak_peek_solaris_10_10

or not.

re...@luckyhands.nl

Oct 31, 2008, 12:02:37 PM10/31/08
It's available now. :-)

Oscar del Rio

Oct 31, 2008, 12:18:13 PM10/31/08
re...@luckyhands.nl wrote:
> It's available now. :-)

2308833280 Oct 31 11:54 sol-10-u6-ga1-x86-dvd.iso :-)

Drazen Kacar

Oct 31, 2008, 12:47:37 PM10/31/08
re...@luckyhands.nl wrote:
> It's available now. :-)

Where is the release documentation?

--
.-. .-. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
(_ \ / _) ceremonial.

| da...@fly.srk.fer.hr

cindy

Oct 31, 2008, 1:07:25 PM10/31/08
Drazen,

Solaris 10 10/08 What's New doc starts here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-0547

Solaris 10 10/08 Release Notes are here:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-5245

If you will be installing or migrating to a ZFS root file system,
please review these resources as well:

Solaris 10 10/08 ZFS Boot/Install Chapter:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5461/zfsboot-1?a=view

ZFS Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Troubleshooting_Guide

Cindy
On Oct 31, 10:47 am, Drazen Kacar <d...@fly.srk.fer.hr> wrote:

> r...@luckyhands.nl wrote:
> > It's available now. :-)
>
> Where is the release documentation?
>
> --
> .-. .-. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
> (_ \ / _) ceremonial.
> |

> | d...@fly.srk.fer.hr

Message has been deleted