SCO Openserver 5.0.6 installation help

enrajes...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2007, 4:11:11 AM4/12/07
to rku...@geodis.co.in
Hi,

Any body help me for installating the SCO OSR 5.0.6 server in IBM
X3400 with Serveraid 8k card.

While in the boot time i gave the
Boot:
link

atfter that i gave "aacraid" and insert the floppy at USB floppy
driver it start installing then it ask for BTLD floppy, after this
step i does not know how to install this. How can i get that BTLD
file.

Brds
Rajesh

Ca...@eatontown.net

Apr 12, 2007, 8:38:30 AM4/12/07
Far as I know, you can't do USB anything with 506. Need
507 or higher to access USB floppy.

Carl

enrajes...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2007, 10:30:13 AM4/12/07

Dear Carl,

Thanks for your reply,

IBM x3400 server doesn't have the floppy drive comptability, is there
any other way. Pls tell me.

Brds
Rajesh

jbo...@sco.com

Apr 13, 2007, 11:53:42 AM4/13/07

Upgrade to OpenServer 6 if you want to install on this system
or install on a system that does not have USB if you want to
continue to use OpenServer 5.0.6 (which is old and no
longer supported).

John

Bela Lubkin

Apr 13, 2007, 1:46:08 PM4/13/07

To use a BTLD on a system with no floppy, you can:

1. copy the 2.88MB boot image off of the OSR5 install CD, mount it on
another OSR5 system (use `marry`),
2. copy the BTLD files onto it (put them in the same places on the
filesystem, i.e. /name-of-driver/...),
3. make a new CD with this enhanced boot image as its El Torito boot
image,
4. boot that CD, using "restart link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
5. install normally,
6. when it gets to the point where it wants to load BTLD into link, it
will fail; tell it to continue anyway,
7. once install is complete, boot the CD again, using "hd(40)unix
root=hd(42) link=name-of-driver btld=fd(64)",
8. mount the CD,
9. run `btldinstall /mnt` to get the BTLD into the link kit.

Good luck...

>Bela<

enrajes...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2007, 8:58:33 AM4/17/07