Attempting to install Openserver Development kit

ma...@my-deja.com

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
I am hoping to install Openserver development kit on this PC
Unfortuneately, there the instructions on the back of the attached
paper are woefully incorrect as there is no '/cdrom/info/install.htm'
Anyway I blundered through all the files and figured this was how
to do it, obviously I was wrong, or am i doing something wrong.
I have seen there is some patch to install but this is a fresh install
of OSR5.0.5Eb

The fact that is is trying to access /set.1 seems to be arse
as these are in /cdrom....bla..bla... or is this just part of the path?

Also anyone had serious problems installing OS5 on a Vectra tower
with respect to the cd, I couldn't get the read/write cd to work at all

The cd will only show up in the bios on master and won't install off
it, so I got a normal cd and that would only work on primary slave
(default values for installation) and no matter what I tried using
Srom=(bla,bla,bla,bla) it either hung or couldn't find it.

Not forgeting the biosgeom you have to put in and re-altering the
dparam, it seems to me the vectras are sub standard.
I just hope they don't have the Intel 820 chipset or I will cry.

At least the network card, scsi card tape drive and specialix installed
OK.

Why does this foobar?

# pkgadd -d /cdrom udk

Processing package instance <udk> from </cdrom>

UnixWare/OpenServer Development Kit
Version 7.1.1 (IA32)
(C) Copyright 1996-1999 The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc. All rights
reserved.
Copyright 1984-1995 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

cp: cannot access /set.1: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.2: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.3: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.4: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.5: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.6: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.7: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.8: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.9: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.10: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.11: No such file or directory (error 2)
cp: cannot access /set.12: No such file or directory (error 2)
/cdrom/udk/install/request: /etc/inst/locale/C/menus/menu_colors.sh: not
found
pkgadd: ERROR: request script did not complete successfully

Installation of <udk> failed.
No changes were made to the system.

Thanks,

Malcolm

( E-mail to mal...@intech.co.uk )

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jean-Pierre Radley

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
ma...@my-deja.com propounded (on Fri, May 12, 2000 at 04:10:16PM +0000):

| I am hoping to install Openserver development kit on this PC

If you mean the regular OSR 5 DevSys, then use custom, with your License
in hand .

If you mean the UDK, then do NOT use pkgadd. You MUST instead get oss486a
from ftp.sco.com.SLS, and use that.

--
JP