SCO Group Inc has been SOLD

Boyd Lynn Gerber

Jun 21, 2009, 1:11:07 PM6/21/09
This is an email I just received from DTR business. About SCO. I do not
know if the judge really did approve it. My understanding is/was the the
judge would make a ruling in July. I removed the username info from the
message and replaced it with xxxx.

--
Boyd Gerber <ger...@zenez.com> 801 849-0213

Jun 21, 2009, 10:42:23 PM6/21/09
On Jun 21, 1:11 pm, Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerb...@zenez.com> wrote:
> This is an email I just received from DTR business.  About SCO.  I do not
> know if the judge really did approve it.  My understanding is/was the the
> judge would make a ruling in July.  I removed the username info from the
> message and replaced it with xxxx.

> Boyd Gerber <gerb...@zenez.com> 801 849-0213

Based on reports from 4 witnesses that were in the courtroom (as
provided by them at Groklaw and InvestorVillage) SCO did present a
preliminary plan for a purchase. The judge accepted it as a proposed
plan subject to discovery by the parties that have standing to oppose
it and has scheduled another hearing for July 27th, IIRC, with a
promise to make a judgement two days later on whether to allow the
plan to move forward or to convert to chapter 7. Those who are
following it closely say that the expected details that should have
been posted have not, at this point, shown up.
There is speculation at those two sites mentioned about whether the
proposed sale as verbally described will be allowed to proceed and
that if the proposed purchaser is really interested he could get the
SCO products from the trustee in a chapter 7 liquidation.

Nico Kadel-Garcia

Jun 22, 2009, 1:28:20 AM6/22/09
On Jun 21, 1:11 pm, Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerb...@zenez.com> wrote:
> This is an email I just received from DTR business.  About SCO.  I do not
> know if the judge really did approve it.  My understanding is/was the the
> judge would make a ruling in July.  I removed the username info from the
> message and replaced it with xxxx.

Boyd, there's little reason to believe this claim in many of its
details. Let's go down the list from Jack.

I see. A technical solutions group that sells hardware, but somehow
fails to identify its actual areas of expertise on its website, is now
competent to tell us a company tied up in years of bankruptcy and
vicious IP litigation has been successfully sold, when it clearly has
*not* because the bankruptcy court has only just granted a stay to
review the 11th hour plan.

Remind me to stay away from any company dumb enough to make a claim
like that without verifying it. And given the last minute shenanigans
that SCO has been pulling *for years* in this matter, Mr. Cipriano
should be far, far, far more cautious in using the past tense to say
SCO Group Inc "has been sold".

> Here is GREAT news for the SCO Community.
>
> On Monday  6-15-09 SCO was purchased by the Steven Norris Group.
>
> Novelle and IBM's bid to force SCO into closing their doors failed, as a
> last minute deal was worked out to keep SCO in business, and the Court
> decided it was in everyone's best interest to allow the purchase to go
> through.

Yeah, right. Show us the money. The "Steven Norris Group" tried this
stunt in February, and succeeded in delaying matters a few more months
with a deal that, on closer examination, didn't seem to actually
involve any money and continued the ill-founded and demonstrably
dangerous claims that Novell and IBM somehow stole intellectual
property that SCO did not, in fact, own, and to which they surrendered
intellectual property rights when they themselves became significant
contributors to the Linux kernel.

> All creditors will be paid in full.

And if we clap really hard, Tinkerbell will come back to life and give
us all cookies!!!

More seriously, that claim seems based on the idea that God will part
the Red Sea and let IBM and Novell both lose to SCO Group in the
copyright litigation. If you've followed the case, that claim is
ludicrous.

> SCO will come out of Chapter 11 as a viable company.

With *WHAT*!!!??? They owe Novell many millions of dollars, their
competent technical personal have fled for both ethical and fiscal
reasons (which I can attest to from working with one of few of them
last year), their business plan for the last five years was based on
hoping the copyright fairy would grant them three wishes, and they've
burned through their fiscal resources with no sign of a valuable or
viable product line for the future.

> SCO Unix licenses will continue to flow.

And be valueless. I've already helped a company migrate off of
OpenServer 5, because OpenServer 6 was incompatible with available
hardware and RHEL is supported for contemporary database technologies
in ways that SCO has absolutely no hope of providing.

> An official announcement will be sent in the next few weeks.

Yes, I'm sure one will. The announcement that the whole thing was yet
another ill-formmed "Steven Norris Group" scheme to delay chapter 7 a
few more weeks.

> Rene Beltran, Executive Vice President of DTR Business Systems, was asked
> by SCO to appear in Court to give the Court some compelling reasons why
>
> SCO should not be forced into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

They should have been in Chapter 7 at least 1 year ago, if not 2
years. They've been burning money that should have gone to creditors
and a new business plan to pursue a failed intellectual propery
concept that is useful only for FUD, not any real technical
development.

The details of the eternal stalling and manipulation of the courts is
well-documented over at www.groklaw.net.

> Although Rene's voice was not needed due to the last minute buyout, he was
> ready and willing to do his best to sway the Court in SCO's favor.
>
> Jeff Hunsaker, President of SCO said "DTR's loyality will forever be
> appreciated by every one at SCO".

I'm sure it is. And such gratitude is worth exactly... what, in
determining the veracity of the claim of a successful sale?

> Regards,
>
> Jack
>
> Visit our "Entirely NEW" Web site at:
>  www.dtrbus.com<http://www.dtrbus.com>
> Jack Cipriano
> DTR Business Systems, Inc
> Direct 520-760-0652
> Fax    520-749-4651
>

> xxxxxx...@dtrbus.com <mailto:xxxx...@dtrbus.com>

Mr. Cipriano, if you're reading this, I have no personal issue with
you. But you shouldn't attach your name to that kind of announcement.
Rene in your own company may appreciate it, but it's professionally
embarasing to tie your believability in any way to the courtroom or
business claims of SCO Group in any way. Don't let yourself be used
this way.

And by the way, that "new website" seems really good at presenting
your company as providing a lot of different solutions. It's a little
short of client names, or reports of successful services, or even a
description of the overall size of your company. . If you'd like more
credibility, you might encourage your webmaster to include those or be
allowed to include them.

Nico Kadel-Garcia

John Boland

Jun 24, 2009, 3:21:47 AM6/24/09
On 21 June, 19:11, Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerb...@zenez.com> wrote:
> This is an email I just received from DTR business.  About SCO.  I do not
> know if the judge really did approve it.  My understanding is/was the the
> judge would make a ruling in July.  I removed the username info from the
> message and replaced it with xxxx.

Morning Boyd,

For an overview of what happened on the 15th of June
please see:

http://sco.com/company/legal/overview.html

Regards,

John

Pepe

Jun 24, 2009, 7:41:11 PM6/24/09

Alternatively, if you don't feel like drinking the kool-aid, you can see
here:

Quote: "It starts to hint that this is more a renaming, taking in some
new management who seem to have financial expertise, and SCO keeps
skipping along as unXis, with the dangerous litigation spun off safely
into a litigation troll."

ed

Aug 7, 2009, 10:50:39 AM8/7/09
On Jun 24, 7:41 pm, Pepe <p...@naleco.com> wrote:
> Alternatively you can see here:
>
> http://www.groklaw.net

For those who get their news about the bankruptcy here, the judge
denied the sale, denied the 3 conversion to chapter 7 motions, and has
instructed the OUST to get a chapter 11 trustee primarily to evaluate
the asset worth of the tSCOg lawsuits.

nyet

Aug 10, 2009, 9:36:07 PM8/10/09
5 word summary: