lost input channel - openserver - sendmail

Pete

Feb 26, 2001, 4:23:02 PM2/26/01
I am having a problem with delayed mail being sent to our mail server.
Openserver 5.0.4 sendmail.

I turned on logging and I periodically get these entries:

18467 >>> 220 sco1.praeda.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.5/SCO5 ready at Thu, 22 Feb
200 1 21:48:44 -0500 (EST)
18467 <<< [EOF]
18467 >>> 421 sco1.praeda.com Lost input channel from [210.96.176.19]

08506 >>> 220 sco1.praeda.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.5/SCO5 ready at Mon, 26 Feb
2001 14:48:51 -0500 (EST)
08506 <<< [EOF]
08506 >>> 421 sco1.praeda.com Lost input channel from dymwsm06.mailwatch.com
[204.253.83.42]

Any clues? Also, what appears to be happening is certain emails take a long
time between the time they were sent and they are actually received. Only a
few sites are having a problem sending to us.

thanks in advance
pfre...@praeda.com

Claus Aßmann

Mar 11, 2001, 11:14:00 AM3/11/01
Pete wrote:

> 18467 >>> 421 sco1.praeda.com Lost input channel from [210.96.176.19]

> Any clues? Also, what appears to be happening is certain emails take a long

> time between the time they were sent and they are actually received. Only a
> few sites are having a problem sending to us.

Then you and they should check the network connectivity. If it
happens only with a few sites, then it's usually the other side.
If it happens with a lot, then it's your side...

--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!