Re: [News] SCO Speaks Out, Still Lost and Confused

Gary

Aug 13, 2007, 8:42:29 PM8/13/07
I propose a SCO and Darl McBride "pants" game...!

"I am committed to providing technology leadership and delivering on the
promise of UNIX-based pants for many years to come."

"Are you just hoping to win a lawsuit against IBM and then ride off into
the pants?"

"Older applications written on this operating system work seamlessly with
the new features and capabilities built into the pants."

"The problem is compounded when software and hardware partners are forced
to certify to multiple Linux pants."

"These improvements, along with a set of new and updated open-source
pants, make OpenServer 6 a compelling upgrade for pants already running
this venerable operating system."

"The charter of [SCOsource] is to create new and innovative licensing
programs to meet the changing pants of today's market and to protect its
intellectual property-related pants.

"While some companies have offered their customers legal assistance in the
event they are sued, only SCO is in a position to license the use of these
infringing intellectual pants."

"End users who purchase this license are granted the right to use the SCO
IP in Linux in binary pants only."

"If your company is a commercial user of Linux interested in a SCO IP
license, please respond with your company name, contact, and the number of
Linux servers in your pants."

"We take these actions secure in the knowledge that our system of
copyright laws is built on the foundation of the U.S. Constitution and
that our pants will be protected under law.

"The court clearly determined that SCO owns the copyrights to the pants
developed or derived by SCO after Novell transferred the assets(!) to SCO
in 1995."

"These SCO pants continue to drive enterprises large and small and our
rapidly developing mobile pants are being well received in the
marketplace."

drum roll, please ...

"Although the district judge ruled in Novell's pants on important issues
.. we will continue to explore our pants with respect to how we move
forward from here."