Western Australia Daylight Saving trial

James_Szabadics

Nov 30, 2006, 10:02:09 PM11/30/06
I live in West aus and have a few SCO 5.0.6 servers. At 2am on Sunday
3rd of December 2006 a trial of daylight savings (GMT+9) commences for
the first time. At 2am on 25th March 2007 it reverts back to normal
time (GMT+8)

I ran /etc/tz and fedin the parameters i thought would work and ended
up with

TZ=WST-8WDT,M12.1.0,M3.4.0

I'd appreciate if more knowledgeable folk could check this environment
variable from /etc/TIMEZONE is now correct given the details above and
post your confirmation or correction.

Regards

James

ThreeStar

Dec 1, 2006, 12:52:11 PM12/1/06
The real question, of course, is how does one test such a string. As
we learned in the Y2K effort, shoving a system clock far forward and
then reversing it can introduce unintended side effects. Sounds like a
job for VMware!

As for the string itself, it looks plausible. It doesn't include the
time of day when the change is to be made but I believe that defaults
to 2 a.m. Cf. the examples given by SCO in
http://wdb1.sco.com/kb/showta?taid=126385.

Ray Robert