VMWare compatibility

mbennett

May 15, 2007, 12:32:37 AM5/15/07

Does anyone know for sure if OpenServer 5.0.7 and/or 6.0 will run on a
virtual machine under VMWare? TIA.

Mark

Bela Lubkin

May 15, 2007, 3:25:28 AM5/15/07
Mark Bennett wrote:

> Does anyone know for sure if OpenServer 5.0.7 and/or 6.0 will run on a
> virtual machine under VMWare? TIA.

I have OSR506, 507 and 600 VMs running on VMware Workstation (4.51,
5.53, haven't installed any 6.0 releases yet) and on VMware ESX Server
2.5.4, 3.0.1. I also have at various times had SCO UnixWare 7.1.3 and
7.1.4 VMs. These are all for ad hoc test purposes, I don't put any sort
of load on them.

Search the newsgroup, there are many articles about issues & solutions.
Lots of people are using SCO OpenServer and UnixWare under VMware
environments.

>Bela<

Bill Campbell

May 15, 2007, 12:51:13 PM5/15/07
to sco-...@lists.celestial.com

Anybody tried any of these on Parallels on a Mac?

Bill
--
INTERNET: bi...@Celestial.COM Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But
I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain

AApex Information Systems

May 15, 2007, 5:43:42 PM5/15/07
On 14 May 2007 21:32:37 -0700, mbennett
<mben...@claritysoftwaresystems.com> wrote:

I just installed 5.0.7 using Workstation 6.0 on Vista; worked without
a hitch.

--
Richard Seeder

mbennett

May 16, 2007, 10:28:27 AM5/16/07
On May 14, 11:32 pm, mbennett <mbenn...@claritysoftwaresystems.com>
wrote:

Thanks to everybody who replied. Yesterday I found that VMWare has a
list of supported Guest Operating Systems on their site, which doesn't
include anything from SCO. I'm encouraged that it's working at least
for some people, but it still looks like a trial and error situation.

Mark

Rob

May 21, 2007, 6:35:59 PM5/21/07
Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2007, Bela Lubkin wrote:
>
>>Mark Bennett wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone know for sure if OpenServer 5.0.7 and/or 6.0 will run on a
>>>virtual machine under VMWare? TIA.
>>
>>I have OSR506, 507 and 600 VMs running on VMware Workstation (4.51,
>>5.53, haven't installed any 6.0 releases yet) and on VMware ESX Server
>>2.5.4, 3.0.1. I also have at various times had SCO UnixWare 7.1.3 and
>>7.1.4 VMs. These are all for ad hoc test purposes, I don't put any sort
>>of load on them.
>>
>>Search the newsgroup, there are many articles about issues & solutions.
>>Lots of people are using SCO OpenServer and UnixWare under VMware
>>environments.
>

> Anybody tried any of these on Parallels on a Mac?
>
> Bill

I tried a very old beta version of Parallels without any luck, not tried
the production versions.

I have OSR506, 507 and 6 running on VMWare Fusion on a MacBook Pro.

Regards, Rob.