Linking error on SCO6

Himanshu

Dec 20, 2006, 4:54:28 AM12/20/06
Hello Friends,

I'm facing a problem while compiling Alert Agent on SCO6 and need
your help. There are two undefined symbols coming during the linking
process:

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
_fs_unregister_ATTLC(int, int, const void *)
.obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
_fs_register_ATTLC(int, const char *, int, const char *, unsigned int,
long, const void *) .obj/sco6.ansi/alertagent.o
UX:ld: ERROR: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
./../bin/sco6.ansi/alertagent
make: *** [alertagent] Error 1
<Himanshu>$

There is no such direct call in the code but this call exists in the .i
files. I'm not able to locate the desired library needed for this.

The same code is getting compiled on SCO5 easily.

Waiting for a prompt and positive response.

Himanshu Prabhakar

jlsels...@my-deja.com

Dec 20, 2006, 8:38:50 AM12/20/06

I think what is happening here is that you are passing the -f option
to the C++ compiler. In SCO OpenServer 5, this had no effect,
but in OpenServer 6, it causes extra memory checking instrumentation
code to be generated, calls from which are then unresolved at link
time.
Take the -f option off of your compile line, and this should go away.

Jonathan Schilling