Intel Desktop Board D201GLY

TomazZ

Aug 1, 2007, 3:51:22 PM8/1/07

Today I get new motherboard D201GLY:
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY/index.htm

When I tried to install OpenBSD i get errors as shown here:
http://openbsd.4ezi.com/pic.html
(2 pictures; second is when i booted openbsd with: boot -c
and then typed: disable pciide)

Motherboard chipset is SiS* SiS662

Is this chipset supported by OpenBSD?
http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html

Is there any other like "disable pciide" command get around this
error?

Regards,
TomazZ

TomazZ

Aug 2, 2007, 3:39:59 PM8/2/07
I tried to install OpenBSD 3.7, 3.8 but nothing helped.

Then i try to install 4.1 with "disable pciide" and "disable isa" and
then obsd promted me to "install / upgrade / console" but computer
hanged.

But i successfully manage to install version 4.0 only with "disable
pciide" and with all peripherals turned on :)

I googed and found how to make "disable pciide" permanent.

Only OpenBSD 4.0 works with Intel Desktop Board D201GLY.

This board is great :D
- uses only about 40W
- size 17x17cm
- very cheap ~66EUR
- only 1 quiet fan for processor
- USB boot support
- auto wake up when power off
- will also boot without motherboard and mouse attached

must go to play with my obsd now :)))

Regards,
TomazZ

On 1 avg., 21:51, TomazZ <tzveg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I get new motherboard D201GLY:http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/D201GLY/index.htm
>
> When I tried to install OpenBSD i get errors as shown here:http://openbsd.4ezi.com/pic.html
> (2 pictures; second is when i booted openbsd with: boot -c
> and then typed: disable pciide)
>
> Motherboard chipset is SiS* SiS662
>

> Is this chipset supported by OpenBSD?http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html

TomazZ

Aug 3, 2007, 2:27:14 AM8/3/07
- will also boot without KEYBOARD and mouse attached :) sorry
- uses 36W when processor idle and 40W on 100%

I also tested booting obsd4.0 from USB key and it works fine.

I also installed:
- windowsXP (no problem),
- FreeBSD (no problem),
- NetBSD (will not install - installation hangs)

Regards,
TomazZ