faq: when login lots of message come out

fcvcnet

Apr 24, 2007, 12:05:55 AM4/24/07
When I login freebsd, a lots of message come out as follows:
# Apr 24 11:56:48 sm-mta[570]: daemon Daemon0: problem creating SMTP socket
# Apr 24 11:56:53 sm-mta[570]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket:
daemon Da
emon0: canot bind: Can't assign regquested address
# Apr 24 11:56:53 sm-mta[570]: daemon Daemon0: problem creating SMTP socket
What is up?
Thanks.

jpd

Apr 24, 2007, 6:40:51 AM4/24/07
Begin <f0k26a$4ur$1...@news.cn99.com>

On 2007-04-24, fcvcnet <fcv...@163.com> wrote:
> When I login freebsd, a lots of message come out as follows:

You can get that information by inspecting the logs as well. At the very
least it saves manually copying the information with all the potential
for errors that entails.

> # Apr 24 11:56:48 sm-mta[570]: daemon Daemon0: problem creating SMTP socket
> # Apr 24 11:56:53 sm-mta[570]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket:
> daemon Da
> emon0: canot bind: Can't assign regquested address
> # Apr 24 11:56:53 sm-mta[570]: daemon Daemon0: problem creating SMTP socket

Apparently sm-mta has trouble opening a listening socket to port 25.
Perhaps because some other program that does the same is already running?