Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

mksyscd ?

34 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Huub

no leída,
9 feb 2008, 1:06:19 a.m.9/2/2008
para
Hi,

I was told of a commmand called mksyscd to create a CD of which you can
boot, in addition to mksysb. However, I can't find a download of it and
just 1 mention on a webpage. Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

Uli Link

no leída,
9 feb 2008, 3:59:12 a.m.9/2/2008
para
Huub schrieb:

man mkcd

--
Uli

Huub

no leída,
9 feb 2008, 5:30:14 a.m.9/2/2008
para
> man mkcd

Thank you.

pric...@blm.gov

no leída,
11 feb 2008, 12:47:47 p.m.11/2/2008
para
Here is more detail on mkcd:

Enter "smitty mkcd" and configure it to do two things differently
than
the default.

1)Set "Remove final images after creating CD?" to no
2)Set "Create the CD now?" to no.

Once done find the images on the volume group I had it write to and I
rename the images with a .iso extension. Then I secure ftp those to
my
PC and burn them at the 8x or slower setting.

Here is a screen shot of my "smitty mkcd" screen.

Back Up This System to CD

Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

[Entry Fields]
CD-R Device []
+

mksysb creation options:
Create map files? no
+
Exclude files? no
+
Disable software packing of backup? no
+
Backup extended attributes? yes
+

File system to store mksysb image []
/
(If blank, the file system
will be created for you.)

File system to store CD file structure []
/
(If blank, the file system
will be created for you.)

File system to store final CD images []
/
(If blank, the file system
will be created for you.)

If file systems are being created:
Volume Group for created file systems [vg00]
+

Advanced Customization Options:
Do you want the CD to be bootable? yes
+
Remove final images after creating CD? no
+
Create the CD now? no
+
Install bundle file []
/
File with list of packages to copy to CD []
/
Location of packages to copy to CD []
+/
Customization script []
/
User supplied bosinst.data file []
/
Debug output? no
+
User supplied image.data file []
/

Let me know if you don't understand some of this or if you need
assistance.

Huub

no leída,
12 feb 2008, 3:49:46 a.m.12/2/2008
para

> Let me know if you don't understand some of this or if you need
> assistance.

I should have known that smitty could do it. Had to enlarge a
filesystem, but I have 5 CD images now, ending with vol1 .. vol5. Can I
rename these to .iso?

Uli Link

no leída,
12 feb 2008, 2:05:20 p.m.12/2/2008
para
Huub schrieb:

> I should have known that smitty could do it. Had to enlarge a
> filesystem, but I have 5 CD images now, ending with vol1 .. vol5. Can I
> rename these to .iso?

Yes.

--
Uli

Huub

no leída,
17 feb 2008, 1:49:34 a.m.17/2/2008
para

> Yes.

Another question: I know I can exclude files to limit the cd's to e.g.
1. What/which files can I exclude best for this?

0 mensajes nuevos