NetBSD runs on MCA RS/6000!

1 view

Kevin Bowling

Dec 18, 2007, 3:55:40 AM12/18/07
We've made progress, but there is still work to do. This is the first
time a free OS has booted on MCA RS/6000 hardware. Take a look at this
announcement:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2007/12/17/0000.html

Regards,

Kevin Bowling

Cydrome Leader

Dec 20, 2007, 5:41:31 PM12/20/07

What a waste of time.

When will netbsd support say, a modern RAID card, or something slightly
useful?

microchannel is about as dead as one can get.

Kevin Bowling

Dec 21, 2007, 2:50:16 PM12/21/07
Cydrome Leader wrote:
> Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowl...@removenospam.kev009.com> wrote:
>> We've made progress, but there is still work to do. This is the first
>> time a free OS has booted on MCA RS/6000 hardware. Take a look at this
>> announcement:
>>
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2007/12/17/0000.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kevin Bowling
>
> What a waste of time.

Not any more than your post.

> When will netbsd support say, a modern RAID card, or something slightly
> useful?

So, what code or hardware have you contributed to the matter? What
about money? That's right.. your opinion is worth its weight in dog shit.

> microchannel is about as dead as one can get.

Right. These machines should just be soaking heavy metals into the
ground water in third world countries. Open source development
performed on your own time is about what interests _YOU_. Believe it or
not, one can still have _FUN_ and enjoy using computers. It's hard to
do that when you have to sell your car to get a modern System P just for
experimenting on at home.

Timothy J. Bogart

Jan 20, 2008, 3:20:16 PM1/20/08

Cool.