migrate Oracle Proc and C programs from 4.3.3 to 5.2.0

szh...@duke-energy.com

Apr 27, 2006, 4:11:25 PM4/27/06
We have a application that is written in Proc and C, it is running
perfect on AIX 433 with Oracle 9206. Now I need to migrate the database
to another server which is AIX520 with Oracle 9206. We have tried two
approaches so far without luck:

1. Since IBM declares that 32 bit apps will work on 5L environment, we
recompiled our programs on the 5L in 32 bit. The app seems like is
working, however it has problems, it is now not processing our orders
sequentially as it is supposed to, which caused all our business logic
failed. The programs do have a lot of manipulation of memory addresses
and semphores, and also uses IPC communications, I am wondering if
anyone knows anything has changed with the underlying networking
programming between 5L and 4.3.3

2. We compiled successfully all the Proc and C programs into 64 bit,
however, the perl script that start up all the 64 bit exes failed to
start up the executables.

I understand this is a very brief and incomplete description of our
application, I am certainly happy to provide more details to anyone who
has any thoughts/comments.

thanks

Sharon

Gerhard Gonter

Apr 28, 2006, 11:29:06 PM4/28/06
szh...@duke-energy.com wrote:
> [...]

> 2. We compiled successfully all the Proc and C programs into 64 bit,
> however, the perl script that start up all the 64 bit exes failed to
> start up the executables.

Which perl binary did you use, this one perhaps?
/usr/opt/perl5/bin/perl_64bit

GG