texworks won't start :(

Minsu

Jun 5, 2011, 1:44:08 PM6/5/11
Hi all!

I just installed a fresh texlive2010 on a fresh win-xp-sp3. Online-
installation worked fine, but texworks refuses to start at all -->

texworks.exe "could not be initialized (0xc0150002)", and then

c:\texlive\2010\win32\runscript.tlu.575: command failed with exit code
-1072365566:texworks

tmlgr wouldn't let me uninstall (for reinstalling) texworks:

"not removing texworks.win32, needed by texworks", same with
"collection-texworks"

texworks' version is 22345, which seems to be the latest already.

Any ideas?

T3X

Jun 5, 2011, 7:44:17 PM6/5/11

tlmgr install -reinstall texworks.win32

If that doesn't help, you can try to load tlpkg/texworks/texworks.exe
(not bin/win32/texworks.exe!) in dependency walker:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

It should detect any problems with missing dependencies.

Cheers,

Tomek

Minsu

Jun 6, 2011, 10:25:37 AM6/6/11

thx Tomek,

reinstalling worked but texworks still won't run.

depencywalker says (after reinstallation):

MSVCR90.DLL --> Error opening file: System can't find specific file
(2).
IESHIMS.DLL --> Error opening file: System can't find specific file
(2).
WER.DLL --> Error opening file: System can't find specific file
(2).
...((found dll's))...

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\texlive
\2010\tlpkg\texworks\PYTHON27.DLL" contains errors. Diese Anwendung
konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwenungskonfiguration nicht
korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu
installieren (14001).
Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not
found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

The tree shows the above dll's are part of python27.dll
Is this a windows or a TL problem? -- The TL repo doesn't know
anything about a python(27)(.win32) package anyway.

Minsu

Jun 6, 2011, 10:34:26 AM6/6/11

Well, seems to be win-specific:

http://www.freedlldownloads.com/tag/python27-dll-file/

working on it....

Minsu

Jun 6, 2011, 10:53:58 AM6/6/11

again me,

problem solved :D

according to this:

http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step51

I installed that mentioned vcredist_x86.exe from the M$-site.

Now texworks WORKS!

cheers for your hint with depencywalker, T3X

Minsu

T3X

Jun 6, 2011, 7:12:45 PM6/6/11
On Jun 6, 3:25 pm, Minsu <Minsu...@gmx.net> wrote:

> The tree shows the above dll's are part of python27.dll
> Is this a windows or a TL problem? -- The TL repo doesn't know
> anything about a python(27)(.win32) package anyway.

That seems to be a build system problem, I will contact TW devs about
that.

Cheers,

Tomek

jmfauth

Jul 1, 2011, 4:56:07 AM7/1/11
On Jun 6, 4:53 pm, Minsu <Minsu...@gmx.net> wrote:

> according to this:
>
> http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step51
>
> I installed that mentioned vcredist_x86.exe from the M$-site.
>
> Now texworks WORKS!
>
> cheers for your hint with depencywalker, T3X
>
> Minsu

Unfortunately, this is *not* a valid and valuable solution.

I have sent, a little bit blindly, this morning a private mail
to the main developer (S. L.) of TeXWorks with the hope to get
an answer.

(BTW, "mingw" is neither a safe solution too).