sorting with IEEEtranS and neither of: author, organisation, or key

pretentious_indifference

Oct 13, 2009, 9:42:14 PM10/13/09
When using urls references in bibliographies, I format the style of a bib
entry myself using latex syntax and stuff everything to a title field so
a few entries have the following format:

@electronic{LATSYMB:2008,
title={{S. Pakin, \textit{The Comprehensive {\LaTeX} Symbol List}. Online,
accessed 15 Aug 2008,\\\small\texttt{\url{http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf}}}}

Now, when I'm trying to use it with IEEEtranS or IEEEtranSN styles, I get
a warning saying that "to sort, need author, organization, or key in LATSYMB:2008".
Which is fair enough.

My question: has anyone come up with a solution to this without hacking IEEEtranS.bst?
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Cheers:)

Sprant Flere Imsaho Wu Hanhadren Mrawhimskell

Nov 3, 2009, 11:48:07 AM11/3/09
Have you tried natbib package? I think it may give you some nifty
options. i stumbled on your post because i didn't know how to add the
[Accessed:12 October 2009] Blurb to the end of my bibliographic
entries. turns out all i needed was a note = {} field in the bib
entries in my bibtex database.

Hope that helps a tad bit.

Udu

On Oct 14, 1:42 am, pretentious_indifference <smart.spo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> When using urls references in bibliographies, I format the style of a bib
> entry myself using latex syntax and stuff everything to a title field so
> a few entries have the following format:
>
> @electronic{LATSYMB:2008,

>   title={{S. Pakin, \textit{The Comprehensive {\LaTeX} Symbol List}. Online,accessed15 Aug 2008,\\\small\texttt{\url{http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4...}}}}

pretentious_indifference

Dec 17, 2009, 10:03:55 PM12/17/09
Hello Sprant Flere Imsaho Wu Hanhadren Mrawhimskell,

You gave me a great hint. If I add a redundant field "key" and assign the
same bibtex entry id to it, e.g.

key={MATHMODE:2006} (i.e. MATHMODE:2006 appears twice in the bibtex entry)

this resolves the issue. Now no error messages and instead of puting all
my electronic entries on top of the list, latex now sorts them propertly
by the key, so MATHMODE:2006 will now appear in the bibliography before MATHEWS:1901,
not APPLE:1901 as before.

Cheers :)