Any Debian experts to help debug a biber issue?

23 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

pk

ungelesen,
28.04.2012, 10:41:1528.04.12
an
It seems that Debian 32-bit wheezy makes the linunx 32-bit biber binary segfault immediately and I need help tracking the issue down. The 64-bit linux biber binary works fine on Wheezy. If I install the ia32-libs package on wheezy, 32-bit biber segfaults so it's something to do with the wheezy 32-bit libc I think.

If you do "strace biber", you'll see that it dies while or just after reading an XML file which contains a lot of fairly obscure UTF-8 characters (it's the biber TeX macro <-> UTF-8 mapping data file). So, it's something to do with a conflict between libxml2 or perl's XML::LibXML library and libc I think (syslogs says that libc reports the segfault).

biber is using slightly older libxml2 that wheezy so perhaps there is a conflict with wheezy's 32-bit libc. As I say though, this doesnt' happen on 64-bit Wheezy.

Marcus Frings

ungelesen,
28.04.2012, 11:21:4328.04.12
an
I have asked on debian.devel because of this issue and Henrique replied
with a suggestion a few minutes ago:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/171850

Best regards,
Marcus
--
"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and
sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect,