A problem about using animate package with adobe acrobat

chengdo...@gmail.com

May 31, 2007, 8:33:28 AM5/31/07
I've met a problem while creating presentation using animate package
in beamer. Followings are my query and the reply from Alexander, the
author of animate package.
----------------------------------
Hi, Alexander
I'm a student in China, and I'm preparing my thesis presentation using
latex
beamer along with your excellant animate package. There's a little
problem which
makes me puzzled today. The \animategraphics I inserted in a single
frame flash
all the way while in fullscreen mode. I've checked out that this
problem happens
when there is a picture \logo in my presentation. Could you give me a
suggestion
that how I bypass this problem, such as \logooff at this frame and
\logoon again
after it.
Thanks for your help!
Chengdong Jiang
-----------------------------------
Hi Chengdong Jiang,
thank you for using my package! The problem you reported is caused by
AdobeReader in its recent version (8). This release has quite a few
bugs.
I reported them to Adobe. So all we can do is wait and hope.
Meanwhile you should use the previous version (7.0.9) of AdobeReader,
where animations perform much better. I successfully installed this
version on my USB memory stick. You can run it from there and you are
independent from the version that is installed on the host computer
the
presentation is running on.
As your question is of general interest, I would be very grateful if
you
would post it to the comp.text.tex newsgroup, e. g. via Google Groups
(http://groups.google.com).
Thanks in advance,
Alexander

Message has been deleted