elsart + algorithm2e

wwwald

Jun 8, 2006, 10:41:18 AM6/8/06
Hi group,

I'm working on a document using algorithm2e. I'm moving it to
Elsevier's format, the elsart document class.

However, I get errors when loading algorithm2e:

package
subscribe by emailing sy...@lirmm.fr with 'subscribe <list>
<firstname name>'
- Author: Christophe Fiorio (fio...@lirmm.fr)
! Too many }'s.
l.1616 }

?

Is there a fix for this? A Google Groups search shows me that others
have experienced the error too, but no fix.

Thanks in advance,

wwwald

Robin Fairbairns

Jun 8, 2006, 4:30:25 PM6/8/06
wwwald <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.student.kuleuven.be> writes:
>I'm working on a document using algorithm2e. I'm moving it to
>Elsevier's format, the elsart document class.
>
>However, I get errors when loading algorithm2e:
>
>[...]

>! Too many }'s.
>l.1616 }
>
>?

the algorithm2e package assumes it's running in one of the standard
classes, so you need to define things that are missing in elsart.

also, since elsart defines an algorithm environment already, you need
to undefine it before loading algorithm2e.

\makeatletter
\newif\if@restonecol
\makeatother
\let\algorithm\relax
\let\endalgorithm\relax

seems to do it for me, but then i don't have a document to play with.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

wwwald

Jun 9, 2006, 3:44:18 AM6/9/06
rf...@cl.cam.ac.uk (Robin Fairbairns) wrote:

> \makeatletter
> \newif\if@restonecol
> \makeatother
> \let\algorithm\relax
> \let\endalgorithm\relax

That did the trick perfectly. I'll inform the algorithm2e author
with this information, I think an [elsart] option would be a
suitable option.

I initially got things running by commenting out portions of
algorithm2e.sty and elsart.cls, but your solution is much more
elegant.

Thanks a lot,
wwwald

andre

Jun 13, 2006, 10:01:14 PM6/13/06
This solution also works for me ! thanks, Robin.

Andre Costa, Melbourne.

wwwald

Jun 14, 2006, 3:46:20 AM6/14/06
wwwald <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.student.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> rf...@cl.cam.ac.uk (Robin Fairbairns) wrote:
>
>> \makeatletter
>> \newif\if@restonecol
>> \makeatother
>> \let\algorithm\relax
>> \let\endalgorithm\relax
>
> That did the trick perfectly. I'll inform the algorithm2e author
> with this information, I think an [elsart] option would be a
> suitable option.

Just to let you guys know... I got a reply from the developer of
algorithm2e, mentioning that the problem is known and that his next
release will contain a fix for it.

Greets,
wwwald