hyperref woes

1 view

gual...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2007, 12:59:26 PM3/6/07
Hello all,

I have recently encountered a couple of problems relating the
"metainformation" that hyperref adds to pdf files. The problems really
seem to be related to driver programs rather than hyperref, but I
report them here in case anybody has any ideas as to how to solve
them.

(1) (This was reported in the gnuplot discussion group; sorry if it
also appeared in this group and I missed it.) With the last gnuplot
(4.2.0), when using the eps terminal (e.g. "set term post eps", and I
presume any postscript terminal) in order to generate eps files to be
included in a TeX document via the graphicx macros, the "pdfmark"
information included in those eps files takes precedence over the
pdfmark information generated by hyperref (I presume because it
appears later in the file) when using latex + dvips + ps2pdf. I
presume this might be called a dvips bug, or at least it might be
fixed in dvips. When using "epstopdf + pdflatex" or "latex + dvipdfmx"
the problem does not appear.

(2) (I reported this problem as a bug in the pgf sourceforge site.)
When using pgf and hyperref in a document processed with "latex +
dvipdfmx", the hyperref metainformation does not appear in the pdf
file. I use "\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{hyperref}" and "\def
\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-dvipdfm.def} \usepackage{tikz}" in the document.
This seems to be a problem with the dvipdfm definitions used by pgf,
but I really don't know.

Thanks for your help,
Gual

Randy Yates

Mar 7, 2007, 7:00:54 AM3/7/07
gual...@gmail.com writes:

Hi Gual,

I ran into exactly the same problem a few months back:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/91740f1dcb4752c/c6e8d16ff648f666?lnk=st&q=hyperref+group%3Acomp.text.tex+author%3Arandy+author%3Ayates&rnum=4&hl=en#c6e8d16ff648f666

I didn't find a "fix" - just a workaround. Since I was also generating the
eps graphics using LaTeX (prior to the main LaTex file), I simply modified
my eps LaTeX code to omit the pdfmark information. However, I can confirm
that I observed the exact same problem you are facing.

It seems to me that the "guy" reading the dvi file should be smarter about
where to take the pdfmark info from.
--
% Randy Yates % "She has an IQ of 1001, she has a jumpsuit
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % on, and she's also a telephone."