pdftex/pdfpages problem

J.S. Milne

Nov 16, 2004, 12:12:36 PM11/16/04
I'm trying to use pdftex and pdfpages to turn a document that was
scanned into a pdf file with 2 pages per sheet into one with 1 page
per sheet.

The output file views and prints correctly in GSView but doesn't view
in Acrobat "There was an error processing this page. There was a
problem reading this document (135)."

I suspect that the problem has to do with the warning pdftex gives for
every page:
<use scan.pdf, page 1> [1 <scan.pdf, page is rotated 270
degrees{psfonts.map} Warning: pdflatex: pdf inclusion: invalid other
resource which is no dict (key 'Subtype', type <stream>); copying it
anyway. >]

How to fix it?

Here's the tex file I use.

\documentclass[letterpaper]{minimal}
\usepackage[pdftex,letterpaper]{geometry}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\usepackage{ifthen}
\newcounter{pg}
\begin{document}
\setcounter{pg}{1}
\whiledo{\value{pg}<215}{%
\includepdf[pages=\thepg,viewport=0 0 420 611]{scan.pdf}
\includepdf[pages=\thepg,viewport=420 0 840 611]{scan.pdf}
\addtocounter{pg}{1}
}%
\end{document}

Brian Elmegaard

Nov 17, 2004, 2:50:52 AM11/17/04
g...@jmilne.org (J.S. Milne) writes:

> The output file views and prints correctly in GSView but doesn't view
> in Acrobat "There was an error processing this page. There was a
> problem reading this document (135)."

Try Convert with pdf output in gsview, or pdf->ps->pdf.

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be/be.html