hyperref and footnotemark/footnotetext warning

Phony Account

May 9, 2005, 9:48:08 PM5/9/05

When I run the following snippet with hyperref through pdflatex, I get a
wanring about multiply defined labels. Without hyperref, it compiles
cleanly.

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

A\footnotemark
B\footnotemark
b\addtocounter{footnote}{-1}\footnotemark
C\footnotemark

\addtocounter{footnote}{-2}
\footnotetext{AAAA}
\addtocounter{footnote}{1}
\footnotetext{BBBBB}
\addtocounter{footnote}{1}
\footnotetext{CCCC}

\end{document}

Thanks for your insights,

Mirko

Heiko Oberdiek

May 10, 2005, 6:43:26 AM5/10/05
Phony Account <phac...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

It is beyond the scope of hyperref's footnote support.
Thus you can either disable it: hyperfootnotes=false
or you have to fiddle with internal macros:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\makeatletter

A%
\footnotemark
\let\saved@Href@A\Hy@footnote@currentHref
% remember link name
%
B%
\footnotemark
\let\saved@Href@B\Hy@footnote@currentHref
%
b%
\addtocounter{footnote}{-1}%
\addtocounter{Hfootnote}{-1}% generate the same anchor
\footnotemark
C%
\footnotemark
\let\saved@Href@C\Hy@footnote@currentHref

\addtocounter{footnote}{-2}%
\let\Hy@footnote@currentHref\saved@Href@A
\footnotetext{AAAA}%
\addtocounter{footnote}{1}%
\let\Hy@footnote@currentHref\saved@Href@B
\footnotetext{BBBBB}%
\addtocounter{footnote}{1}%
\let\Hy@footnote@currentHref\saved@Href@C
\footnotetext{CCCC}%

\end{document}

Yours sincerely
Heiko <ober...@uni-freiburg.de>

Phony Account

May 10, 2005, 8:25:50 PM5/10/05
Thanks,

I used the switch, and it worked fine. I did not need the footnote linking.

But is it just my version of hyperref documentation (pdf file), or the
hyperfootnotes=false is not documented?

Mirko

Heiko Oberdiek

May 11, 2005, 6:35:12 AM5/11/05
Phony Account <phac...@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> But is it just my version of hyperref documentation (pdf file), or the
> hyperfootnotes=false is not documented?

It was not in the documentation. The manual of the next
version will contain it.

Yours sincerely
Heiko <ober...@uni-freiburg.de>