Citation Styles

Phil Ciufo

Dec 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/1/96

I would like to be able to cite references like [1-8] instead of
[1], [2], [3] etc. How can this be done ?

Phil Ciufo

Boris A. Veytsman

Dec 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/2/96
to Phil Ciufo

In article <57t4dg$kav$1...@wabbit.its.uow.edu.au> ci...@elecsun13.elec.uow.edu.au (Phil Ciufo) writes:

I would like to be able to cite references like [1-8] instead of
[1], [2], [3] etc. How can this be done ?

The excellent package cite does this (and many other things). It is
available on CTAN at macros/latex/contrib/supported/cite
--
Good luck

-Boris

Serge Potapenko

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96
to Phil Ciufo

Phil Ciufo wrote:

> I would like to be able to cite references like [1-8] instead of
> [1], [2], [3] etc. How can this be done ?
>
> Phil Ciufo

Hi,

Revtex style can do it. You simple write cite[c1,c2,...] and it
eliminate the intermediate numbers if they are.

Serge Potapenko

Andrei Demekhov

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

Look at cite.sty on CTAN.