Best software for presenting beamer-produced PDFs?

sino...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2009, 4:03:37 PM3/21/09
I usually use powerpoint for my slide presentations, but I am trying
to migrate to beamer. One of the few things I really miss about
powerpoint, however, is the Presenter View: the projector display gets
a full-screen slide but at the same time the laptop display has a
smaller version of the slide plus nifty tools like a stopwatch and a
scrollable outline view of all slides, which allows you to, e.g.,
search around for a particular desired slide to jump to without
changing the projector display. Is there any PDF viewer software
available that has something comparable?

Many thanks,

Roger

Michal Jaegermann

Mar 21, 2009, 7:32:02 PM3/21/09
sino...@gmail.com <sino...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I usually use powerpoint for my slide presentations, but I am trying
> to migrate to beamer. One of the few things I really miss about
> powerpoint, however, is the Presenter View:

Not really the same but try http://impressive.sourceforge.net/
Then you will start to miss things when in powerpoint. :-)

Ways to keep time are available.

M.

Roger Levy

Mar 22, 2009, 6:28:30 PM3/22/09
On Mar 21, 4:32 pm, Michal Jaegermann <mic...@gortel.phys.ualberta.ca>
wrote:

> sinos...@gmail.com <sinos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I usually use powerpoint for my slide presentations, but I am trying
> > to migrate to beamer.  One of the few things I really miss about
> > powerpoint, however, is the Presenter View:
>
> Not really the same but tryhttp://impressive.sourceforge.net/

> Then you will start to miss things when in powerpoint. :-)
>
> Ways to keep time are available.

Well, that is really darn cool. Doesn't really have the multi-monitor
effects I was looking for that Powerpoint has, but thanks for pointing
me to it, I'll use it.

Roger