beamer in miktex and texlive

math...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2007, 2:33:40 AM6/10/07
This is really odd. I wrote a slide show in beamer. It basically has
the following structure:

\documentclass[11pt,noamsthm]{beamer}

\usepackage{beamerthemesplit}
\usepackage{type1cm}
\usepackage{cancel}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb,amsfonts}
\usetheme{default}
\useinnertheme{rounded}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\usefonttheme{professionalfonts}

\newcommand{\utext}[1]{\qquad\text{(#1)}} % unit in equation
\newcommand{\unitv}[1]{\mathbf{\hat{#1}}} % unit vector

\title{Practice Exam}
\author{Physics}
\date{\today}

\begin{document}

\frame{\frametitle{Problem 1}
Solve this problem...
\begin{block}{Solution}
Solution goes in here
\end{block}
}

\frame{\frametitle{Problem 2}
Solve this problem...
\begin{block}{Solution}
Solution goes in here
\end{block}
}

% repeat for the rest of the exam...
\end{document}

Here's my problem. In Windows, with MikTeX, everything works as
expected.

In linux, using texlive2007, The first page displays correctly,
however, From page 2 on, all the part that's not in "block"
environment shows up yellowish instead of black.. This is true for
both the DVI file and the pdf file created by pdflatex. There are no
relevant warning/error during compile.

Here's a xpdf screenshot:

http://www.zpzstudio.com/beamertrouble.png

Anyone know what' going on?

Ralf Stubner

Jun 10, 2007, 3:24:41 PM6/10/07
math...@gmail.com writes:
[...]

> In linux, using texlive2007, The first page displays correctly,
> however, From page 2 on, all the part that's not in "block"
> environment shows up yellowish instead of black.. This is true for
> both the DVI file and the pdf file created by pdflatex. There are no
> relevant warning/error during compile.

I can reporduce your problem with the following (simplified) example:

\documentclass{beamer}

\useinnertheme{rounded}
\usecolortheme{crane}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}{Problem 4}
asd

\begin{block}{Solution}
Solution goes in here
\end{block}

asd
\color{fg}
asd
\end{frame}

\end{document}

If one removes the inner theme rounded, then the problem goes away. I
am using beamer 3.06, which is most likely also in TL 2007. What
version does MikTeX use?

cheerio
ralf

"Žarko F. Čučej"

Jun 10, 2007, 4:55:32 PM6/10/07

recent Beamer is 3.07. It has fixed problems with text color after (any)
boxes. I belive that it is worth to upgrade it and see if than you still
have yours problems.

regards, Zarko

math...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2007, 9:32:53 PM6/10/07
On Jun 10, 1:55 pm, "Žarko F. u ej" <zarko.cu...@uni-mb.si> wrote:
> Ralf Stubner wrote:

Indeed, upgrade works. :-)

It's unfortunate that texlive does not offer incremental changes like
miktex does.