fontspec Numbers=OldStyle doesn't work for Warnock Pro

no_hope

Mar 6, 2008, 6:52:20 PM3/6/08
to no....@gmail.com
I can't get lowercase numbers to work with some OTF fonts that support
onum, in particular, Warnock Pro.

I get default uppercase figures if I use:
\setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Warnock Pro}
but if I change it to
\setmainfont[Numbers=OldStyle]{Myriad Pro}
everything is as it should be.

My Warnock seems to support onum:
otfinfo -f WarnockPro_Regular.otf |grep onum
onum Oldstyle Figures

I can get lowercase numbers if I do
\setmainfont[RawFeature=+c2sc]{Warnock Pro}
but then I lose the capitals.

What am I doing wrong?

Vlad

Will Robertson

Mar 6, 2008, 9:34:12 PM3/6/08
Hi Vlad,

On Mar 7, 9:52 am, no_hope <no.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't get lowercase numbers to work with some OTF fonts that support
> onum, in particular, Warnock Pro.

This sounds like a bug in the TeXLive 2007 version of XeTeX. Adobe
changed the internal organisation of some of their OpenType features
some time ago, and there was a bug in XeTeX that caused problems like
what you're seeing.

If you're using v0.997 of XeTeX then I'll need to investigate further;
if you're using v0.996 then upgrading will probably fix the problem.
v0.997 hasn't been officially released yet but you can get it from the
SVN repository:
<http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/>

Hope this helps,
Will