memoir subfigure

Tiago

Jan 15, 2007, 1:38:23 PM1/15/07

until the recent update of memoir I used the subfigure package without
any problem. With the new memoir
version I'm not able to compile mt thesis. A minimum example is

"\documentclass{memoir}
\usepackage{subfigure}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}"

After LaTeXing it end up with the error message

"! LaTeX Error: Command \c@lofdepth already defined.
Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.99 \newcounter{lofdepth}

? x"

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Tiago

Peter Wilson

Jan 15, 2007, 5:12:32 PM1/15/07

"Tiago" <carlos...@civil.ist.utl.pt> wrote in message

1) The subfigure package is obsolete; try moving to the subfig package
(which doesn't cause those errors) which claims to provide an easy migration
path for subfigure users.

2) Memoir includes all the functionality of the subfigure package (with
subfigure's author's agreement) so you don't actually need it.

3) If you really want to stick to subfigure try the following in your
preamble before calling for the package.
\documentclass[...]{memoir}
\makeatletter
\let\c@lofdepth\relax
\let\c@lotdepth\relax
\makeatother
\usepackage{subfigure}

You might also have to do a \renewcommand on \@cftl@subfigtab to restore its
original definition as given in section 20.5 of memoir.dtx

Peter W.

Tiago

Jan 16, 2007, 6:28:40 AM1/16/07
Hi Peter,

I was not aware that subfigure had become obsolete. I just made the
migration and everything works fine.

Many thanks for memoir!

Tiago