list-environment inside longtable

Menge, Oliver

May 23, 2003, 7:45:21 AM5/23/03

Hello,

I'm trying to use the generic list environment inside a longtable.
Unfortunately I get unexpected space above and below the list
environment. If I use the same list between normal paragraphs, this extra
space is not there.

Any ideas?

I could post (or mail) a sample document, that shows the described
behaviour in about 60 lines.

Thanks for any help,

--
Oliver Menge

Ralf Angeli

May 23, 2003, 7:59:18 AM5/23/03
Oliver Menge writes:

> I'm trying to use the generic list environment inside a longtable.
> Unfortunately I get unexpected space above and below the list
> environment. If I use the same list between normal paragraphs, this extra
> space is not there.

You could use one of the approaches described in the post with the
following message id:

Xns91B96B011F701ni...@62.153.159.134

HTH,
Ralf

Donald Arseneau

May 23, 2003, 6:22:43 PM5/23/03
"Menge, Oliver" <Oliver...@web.de> writes:

> I'm trying to use the generic list environment inside a longtable.

% Define column types "e" and "i" for enumerated and itemized lists.
% (They are made ragged-right just because tabular "p" entries
% should have never been defined flush.)

\usepackage{array}

\makeatletter
\newcolumntype{e}[1]{%
>{\minipage[t]{\linewidth}\let\\\tabularnewline
\enumerate
\addtolength{\rightskip}{0pt plus 50pt}% for raggedright
\setlength{\itemsep}{-\parsep}}%
p{#1}%
<{\@finalstrut\@arstrutbox\endenumerate\endminipage}%
}
\newcolumntype{i}[1]{%
>{\minipage[t]{\linewidth}\let\\\tabularnewline
\itemize
\addtolength{\rightskip}{0pt plus 50pt}% for raggedright
\setlength{\itemsep}{-\parsep}}%
p{#1}%
<{\@finalstrut\@arstrutbox\enditemize\endminipage}%
}