LaTeX font with IBM line drawing chars.

John Howland

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

I need to typeset some output from PC programs which contains
line drawing characters to draw boxes around portions of the
output. Does anyone know of the existance of a font which
can do this?

John

John E. Howland url: http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~jhowland/
Computer Science email: jhow...@ariel.cs.trinity.edu
Trinity University voice: (210) 736-7480
715 Stadium Drive fax: (210) 736-7477
San Antonio, Texas 78212-7200

Louis Vosloo

May 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/4/98

John Howland wrote:

> I need to typeset some output from PC programs which contains
> line drawing characters to draw boxes around portions of the
> output. Does anyone know of the existance of a font which
> can do this?

Lucida Sans Linedraw in the Lucida Sans Typewriter font set from Y&Y

IBMExtended from Impramatur Systems (Cambridge Massachusetts)

Prestige Elite from Adobe. But needs to be reencoded.

--
Y&Y, Inc., Tuttle's Livery, 45 Walden Street, Concord, MA 01742 USA
(800) 742-4059 (North America), (978) 371-3286 Fax: (978) 371-2004

Young Ryu

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

>John Howland wrote:
>
>> I need to typeset some output from PC programs which contains
>> line drawing characters to draw boxes around portions of the
>> output. Does anyone know of the existance of a font which
>> can do this?

[1]
Check the fonts/ascii directory of CTAN, which contains
IBM's Courier domated to X. This font contains
extended ASCII symbols. Of course, it is a high-quality
Type 1 font.

[2]
Check the fonts/utilities/ega2mf directory, which contains
a program to generate extended ASCII fonts.

Both of them are free!!!
And the quality is not so bad.

Young