Error when copy and paste text from Adobe Acrobat Reader....

kabucek

Aug 11, 2006, 9:53:16 AM8/11/06
Why when I'm trying to copy and paste text from pdf (Adobe
Acrobat...) file into Microsoft Office Word it gives me a bunch of
numbers and letters? Why??? How to fix that issue??

ji...@chief-win.com

Aug 13, 2006, 9:56:08 PM8/13/06

Hello kabucek:

The problem you meet is a common problem, It is caused by embed soft
font use non-standard encoding(Custom Encoding).Normally PDF Type 3
Embed Font like to use Non-Standard encoding. Adobe PDF reader use
three methods to recognize the text in PDF files: either use ToUnicode
dictionary associate with the Embed soft font or check if the character
use standard encoding, or check if the character use a standard
character name , If the characters have no ToUnicode
dictionary and it uses non-standard character encoding and use non
standard character name, then there is no way to figure out which
character code it is without using OCR plug-in module to scan the
character bitmap.

Solution: You need a PDF converter with OCR plug-in module.

Jimmy
http://www.chief-win.com
Solid PDF To Word/Text Converter, 21 days free trial with full function