Re: want a dvd-rom to work with an ultra 2 and ultra-1

1 view
Message has been deleted

Paul Gress

Feb 16, 2006, 11:00:08 PM2/16/06
arthur wouk wrote:
> that is it: scsi dvd drive, correct sector size (or can be jumpered),
> scsi 2 or 4 connector.

Ok, we've been here way in the past. You can use all the current "IDE"
DVD drives (everything, including dual layer drives) with the Ultra2 if
you purchase a SCSI/IDE Bridge. The bridge is made by Acard. The link
to the Bridge is:

http://www.acard.com.tw/english/fb01-product.jsp?idno_no=23&prod_no=AEC-7720U%20(Support%20ATAPI%20Device)&type1_title=SCSIDE%20Bridge&type1_idno=2

I've been using the latest Sony DVD drives in my Ultra2 with that bridge.

Paul

Message has been deleted

MUD

Feb 22, 2006, 6:10:14 PM2/22/06
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:28:25 +0000, arthur wouk wrote:

Why would you need a driver?

coldfire

Paul Gress

Feb 24, 2006, 1:50:09 AM2/24/06
arthur wouk wrote:
> In article <dTbJf.1634$JH3...@fe12.lga>, Paul Gress <pgr...@pb.net> wrote:
> no problems finding drivers?

What drivers? It just worked. The bridge is SCSI, so Solaris sees it
no problem. The DVD player is IDE or ATAPI, so the bridge sees it.

Paul