SINCLAIR QL's 18th birthday! Congratulations and a surprise...

Urs König

Jan 11, 2002, 6:00:23 PM1/11/02
On January 12th 1984 (exactly 12 days earlier than Steve Jobs lauched the
Apple Macintosh) Sir Clive Sinclair presented the QL professional-computer
to the world in a hollywood-style event at the Intercontinental Hotel, Hyde
Park Corner, London. Today, 18 years later we congratulate and celebrate to
the QL's 18th birthday!

Viele Grüsse aus der Schweiz / Best regards...Urs König
http://mypage.bluewin.ch/QLvsJaguar/

Chris Young

Jan 12, 2002, 8:43:51 AM1/12/02
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:00:23 +0100, Urs König (of comp.sys.sinclair "fame")
wibbled on for an age:

> On January 12th 1984 (exactly 12 days earlier than Steve Jobs lauched the
> Apple Macintosh) Sir Clive Sinclair presented the QL professional-computer
> to the world in a hollywood-style event at the Intercontinental Hotel, Hyde
> Park Corner, London. Today, 18 years later we congratulate and celebrate to
> the QL's 18th birthday!

Blimey. Three inventions launched by Uncle Clive in a space of three
days (spread over three different years, though). Was he trying to go
for the Christmas market each time, but completely missed the
originally planned release date?

Chris

| http://www.unsatisfactory.freeserve.co.uk |
| Your Sinclair: A Celebration |
+-- http://www.ysac.cjb.net/ --ICQ:28784166-+

Duncan Snowden

Jan 12, 2002, 6:25:35 PM1/12/02
On Saturday, Chris Young wrote:

> Blimey. Three inventions launched by Uncle Clive in a space of three
> days (spread over three different years, though). Was he trying to go
> for the Christmas market each time, but completely missed the
> originally planned release date?

He was obviously aiming for that crucial untapped Easter market.

--
Duncan Snowden.

J Invalid I/O device, 1080:2

Dave

Jan 12, 2002, 6:57:41 PM1/12/02

"Chris Young" <unsatis...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:00:23 +0100, Urs König (of comp.sys.sinclair
"fame")
> wibbled on for an age:
>
> > On January 12th 1984 (exactly 12 days earlier than Steve Jobs lauched
the
> > Apple Macintosh) Sir Clive Sinclair presented the QL
professional-computer
> > to the world in a hollywood-style event at the Intercontinental Hotel,
Hyde
> > Park Corner, London. Today, 18 years later we congratulate and celebrate
> > the QL's 18th birthday!
>
> Blimey. Three inventions launched by Uncle Clive in a space of three
> days (spread over three different years, though). Was he trying to go
> for the Christmas market each time, but completely missed the
> originally planned release date?
>
> Chris

Sounds about right ... ever known a Sinclair invention to arrive on time?

Tomaz Cedilnik

Jan 15, 2002, 5:43:15 AM1/15/02
Dave wrote:

> Sounds about right ... ever known a Sinclair invention to arrive on time?

At least his inventions worked properly. Or am I wrong?

--
_______
/__ __/___ __ __

Andrew Owen

Jan 15, 2002, 6:12:07 AM1/15/02
in article 3C4407C3...@ntlworld.com, Tomaz Cedilnik at
tced...@ntlworld.com wrote on 15/1/02 10:43 AM:

> Dave wrote:
>
>> Sounds about right ... ever known a Sinclair invention to arrive on time?
>
> At least his inventions worked properly. Or am I wrong?

The Spectrum 128? :)

-Andrew

Tony Firshman

Jan 15, 2002, 6:27:02 AM1/15/02
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 at 10:43:15, Tomaz Cedilnik wrote:
(ref: <3C4407C3...@ntlworld.com>)

>Dave wrote:
>
>> Sounds about right ... ever known a Sinclair invention to arrive on time?
>
>At least his inventions worked properly. Or am I wrong?

You are. Mdvs on the QL never did. He pushed the speed up from 80k to
100k (nominal) on the QL, and made them totally unreliable.

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
mailto:to...@firshman.demon.co.uk http://www.firshman.demon.co.uk