ANN: DivIDEo - streaming video on the DivIDE

1 view

Matthew Westcott

May 2, 2010, 4:23:32 PM5/2/10
This has been a bit of a personal holy grail for years and years, so I'm
very pleased to announce the release of DivIDEo, my streaming video
system for the DivIDE-equipped Speccy.

http://divideo.zxdemo.org/

This is the first Speccy video player to manage 25fps with
better-than-nails-in-a-vacuum-cleaner quality audio. It achieves this
through delta compression (only storing the changes between frames,
rather than full screens) and variable bitrate AY audio (so that all CPU
time left over from handling the video data is put to full use playing
samples).

A Youtube video from the Outline demo party, where this was released,
should be appearing online soon, hopefully...

The converter app is available from the website above, but currently
only as source code with lots of annoying dependencies. I know the job
isn't fully complete until there's a proper download-and-go converter
for Windows, so don't worry, I'm working on it!