WOS gets reviewed

Lister

Jun 9, 2002, 3:59:22 AM6/9/02
From .net magazine

TOP SITE

World Of Spectrum

Here's some more teary eyed nostalgia for gentlemen of a certain age
(because,let's face it, the girls were, quite sensibly, never really
interested in computers at school). World Of Spectrum is essentially
the biggest and best site for connoisseurs of the ZX Spectrum. It
features an enormous list of games, complete with the relevant details
of each one, just about every emulator there is, documentation, old
speccy magazines and a whole bunch of incredibly geeky but fun stuff
for you to rediscover. And rather excellently you can play any of the
9500 games available online, instantly, using a javascript emulator.
So what are you waiting for? fan-bloody-tasic

--
www.friendsreunited.co.uk |use this as
Listing free, registration £5/year |your signature

Robert van der Veeke

Jun 9, 2002, 4:12:44 AM6/9/02

Lister heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>From .net magazine
>
>TOP SITE
>
>World Of Spectrum
>
>Here's some more teary eyed nostalgia for gentlemen of a certain age
>(because,let's face it, the girls were, quite sensibly, never really
>interested in computers at school). World Of Spectrum is essentially
>the biggest and best site for connoisseurs of the ZX Spectrum. It
>features an enormous list of games, complete with the relevant details
>of each one, just about every emulator there is, documentation, old
>speccy magazines and a whole bunch of incredibly geeky but fun stuff
>for you to rediscover. And rather excellently you can play any of the
>9500 games available online, instantly, using a javascript emulator.
>So what are you waiting for? fan-bloody-tasic

Do they there in Bath know how old Martijn is?

--
Robert van der Veeke
Remove the pin to email

Many people in the world (maybe even 100 or more) don't even know who I am
- David Lees sharing his place alongside Bob Brenchley & Rocketshite -

Lister

Jun 9, 2002, 5:12:00 AM6/9/02
A long time ago (Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:12:44 +0200, probably), in a pub
far, far away, "Robert van der Veeke"
<rjvveeke@-remove_the_pin-caiw.nl> slammed a pint glass on the table
and said :

>Lister heeft geschreven in bericht ...
>>From .net magazine
>>
>>TOP SITE
>>
>>World Of Spectrum
>>
>>Here's some more teary eyed nostalgia for gentlemen of a certain age
>>(because,let's face it, the girls were, quite sensibly, never really
>>interested in computers at school). World Of Spectrum is essentially
>>the biggest and best site for connoisseurs of the ZX Spectrum. It
>>features an enormous list of games, complete with the relevant details
>>of each one, just about every emulator there is, documentation, old
>>speccy magazines and a whole bunch of incredibly geeky but fun stuff
>>for you to rediscover. And rather excellently you can play any of the
>>9500 games available online, instantly, using a javascript emulator.
>>So what are you waiting for? fan-bloody-tasic
>

>Do they there in Bath know how old Martijn is?

no, how old is he?

Darren Salt

Jun 9, 2002, 7:22:54 AM6/9/02
I demand that Lister may or may not have written...

> From .net magazine

> TOP SITE

> World Of Spectrum

> Here's some more teary eyed nostalgia for gentlemen of a certain age

[snip]

> And rather excellently you can play any of the 9500 games available online,
> instantly,

They were doing quite well until...

> using a javascript emulator.

Perhaps somebody should inform them of the difference between Java and
Javascript? :-)

(Unless somebody *has* written an emulator in Javascript, in which case I'll
rend the author in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon. Or something.)

--
| Darren Salt anti-UCE | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Spec+3, Risc PC, A3010 | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| BBC M128, Linux PC | Toon Army | @
| When replying: "news"->"ds", "cu"->"co.uk", and validate

Life is that brief interlude between nothingness and eternity.

/|ndy |<avanagh

Jun 10, 2002, 3:14:37 AM6/10/02
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun,
09 Jun 2002 08:59:22 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.sys.sinclair, yawatina tan reek esk Lister <fa...@clara.net>
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>From .net magazine
>
>TOP SITE
>
>World Of Spectrum
>

>And rather excellently you can play any of the
>9500 games available online, instantly, using a javascript emulator.

I'd be *very* impressed with a Speccy emu written in javascript :P

Oh, this is .net magazine? WTF do they know about the Internet?

deKay
--
o /|ndy's Lofi Gaming -- www.lofi-gaming.org.uk o
/ Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy \

Andrew Barker

Jun 10, 2002, 5:59:21 AM6/10/02
Hmm,

Javascript emulator... that would be interesting :-). Perhaps they meant
Java
Emulator.

Regards

Andy Barker (ZX STP Maintainer - http://www.worldofspectrum.org/stp/)

Steve Farrell

Jun 10, 2002, 7:01:47 AM6/10/02
At some point in the past (Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:59:21 GMT, as it happens),
somebody called Andrew Barker <andrew...@sunderland.ac.uk> made the
following views known to all at comp.sys.sinclair

> Hmm,
>
> Javascript emulator... that would be interesting :-). Perhaps they meant
> Java
> Emulator.

The mistake would, of course, be forgivable were .net not a dedicated
Internet magazine and so written by people who ought to know the difference
between Java and Javascript.

Steve
--
'Intellectuals are the stupidest people on Earth'

Martijn van der Heide

Jun 10, 2002, 11:09:55 AM6/10/02
Hi y'all,

> >>From .net magazine
[rave review]

Is anyone here in the position to scan this particular review (or whole
page) and mail/upload it to me?
Please? Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?

> >Do they there in Bath know how old Martijn is?
>
> no, how old is he?

Yeah, how old is that geezer, anyway? ;-)

Cheers,

Martijn.
--
Martijn van der Heide
Owner of the official world archive for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum

Michael Law

Jun 10, 2002, 11:38:06 AM6/10/02
Through a drunken haze I vaguely remember Martijn van der Heide saying...

> Hi y'all,

> [rave review]
>
> Is anyone here in the position to scan this particular review (or whole
> page) and mail/upload it to me?
> Please? Pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top?
>
>> >Do they there in Bath know how old Martijn is?
>>
>> no, how old is he?
>
> Yeah, how old is that geezer, anyway? ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martijn.

<spooky voice>

Noooobody knows.....mwhahahahahahahah

</spooky voice>

Mikey!

--
!!!!!Injecting FFSSH into CSS since 2000, whatever the weather!!!!!

Nick Humphries

Jun 10, 2002, 2:42:30 PM6/10/02
On 10 Jun 2002 15:38:06 GMT, Michael Law <la...@clara.co.uk> wrote:

>Through a drunken haze I vaguely remember Martijn van der Heide saying...

>> Yeah, how old is that geezer, anyway? ;-)

><spooky voice>
>
>Noooobody knows.....mwhahahahahahahah
>
></spooky voice>

I think I know... let's just say he's older than I am :)

I'm 28 on the 27th.

| Nick Humphries ni...@egyptus.co.uk |
| The Your Sinclair Rock'n'Roll Years: http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/ |
| The Tipshop: http://www.the-tipshop.co.uk/ |
Chill out, it's only 198 days until Christmas...

Lister

Jun 10, 2002, 3:03:02 PM6/10/02
A long time ago (Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:42:30 +0100, probably), in a pub
far, far away, Nick Humphries <ni...@egyptusWIBBLE.co.uk> slammed a

pint glass on the table and said :

>On 10 Jun 2002 15:38:06 GMT, Michael Law <la...@clara.co.uk> wrote:

>>Through a drunken haze I vaguely remember Martijn van der Heide saying...
>
>>> Yeah, how old is that geezer, anyway? ;-)
>
>><spooky voice>
>>
>>Noooobody knows.....mwhahahahahahahah
>>
>></spooky voice>
>
>I think I know...

But you don't know why?

ROBERT.BAK

Jun 10, 2002, 6:43:02 PM6/10/02
"Robert van der Veeke" <rjvveeke@-remove_the_pin-caiw.nl> wrote in message news:<10236106...@halkan.kabelfoon.nl>...

> Do they there in Bath know how old Martijn is?

Old Martijn was just fine the last I heard... ;)
</ancient joke>